1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

False Neutrals...

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Masklin, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Have done just under 600 miles now and, compared to the Hypermotard and Scrambler, this gearbox likes its false neutrals. Just me, possibly needing to be more positive, or anyone else?

Also doesn't like finding neutral at a standstill when hot.

Aside from that, first impressions are it is bloody good fun!

2. I’ve never had a false neutral on any Ducati ever. Just boot it in :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I always adjust my gear lever for any bike. The Ducati' s for me need to be adjusted down...The SS required two full turns for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. A good pair of boots and be positive with the lever :upyeah:but yes i've had more with ducati's than any other manufacturer

• Like Like x 1
  5. No problems with false neutrals unless I'm ham fisted with my foot :blush: Maybe a little adjustment to the gear lever height will help.
    Mine has always been difficult to select neutral when cold but is fine after a couple of miles. It is also quite snatchy for the first few uses. Most owners experience this and it put down to oil drag which reduces as the oil warms up.
    Neutral selection when hot has never been a problem for me. Make sure the clutch cable play is at a minimum. Mine is 2-3mm. Many owners say the clutch improves after the 1st service. I didn't notice any difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cheers all. I will have a look at possibly having the leaver adjusted when it’s in for the 600 mile service.

Have to say, never having had one before, I’m liking the quickshifter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I get false neutrals regularly going from 4th to 5th using the QS. Had a lot of trouble finding neutral before the first service. Have been advised to bang it hard into gear

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got the gear lever moved down a bit earlier today when it was in for first service, much better feeling and more positive on the ride back home.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pleasure to meet you today :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine was so bad at selecting neutral, in fact I just couldn't get it into neutral at all once it was stationary, that I spoke to the dealer to complain. 'Don't worry, they all do that, it will loosen out'.

They were right. I'm on 650 miles now and selecting neutral is no problem anymore.

I still get false neutrals though! I think I'll have a fiddle with the lever position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mine had the neutral selection issue as well, especially when very hot. Seems to be improving though.

Another suggestion to help with false neutrals and finding neutral was to hold it against the front brake whilst letting clutch out in first to bed plates against each other. Without overdoing it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information