1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Famous Comebacks

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Mar 15, 2021.

1. I’ll start with Valentino Rossi’s comeback at Assen in 2007 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Can’t mention comebacks without this fella....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Has to be Niki Lauda.
    niki-lauda-6.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lance Armstrong made an amazing comeback after overcoming cancer to go one to win 7 Tour de France titles in a row..........what a guy

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Ha ha! I read this thinking that you meant verbal “smart arse” comebacks. Watched the Rossi video waiting for the quip before I realised what you meant. D’oh!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Snap. First one that came to mid was ‘ambition is more than the talent’

7. I know that was in jest....but he was. Everyone else was doing, he just did it better and was a better athlete

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. The others (if your opinion was confirmed) were not suing sponsors and advertisers for millions as well as cheating, lying and putting young athletes in their teams under pressure to dope as well IIRC.

The bloke is repugnant, like a scabby unwashed lady garden.

9. This guy had the best comebacks both in & out of the ring. Undisputed GOAT

ali.jpg ali2.jpg

Micheal Jordan, Jenifer Capriati, Andre Agassi, Tiger Woods & Kimi Räikkönen have all had amazing returns to their sports.

Plus Franz Klammer. four consecutive Downhill championships, 75.76,77 & 78, then another in '83. he has won more races & downhill championships than anyone ever.

#9 Jez900ie, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  10. Rossi, Philip Island 2003, leading by 3sec, gets a 10sec penalty so puts the hammer down and wins by 15secs

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tyson Fury

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. How about Steve Redgrave, you could argue he made a comeback every 4 years, also while fighting a debilitating illness in one of the very most demanding sports. IMO up there with the GOAT.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. They weren’t winning either :laughing::sob:

14. Ian Hutchinson

• Like Like x 2
  15. Liverpool in Istanbul

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Winston Churchill

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Neither was Armstrong.

18. I'm not that big on football, but Rangers this season finally made it all the way back from a long way down...

• Like Like x 1
  19. miracle of Medinah

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. He hasn’t won, he was stripped of those wins.

If anything his last comeback when he returned to the TdeF was his greatest undoing.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information