1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy A Dyno Day?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Done a few in the past and always a laugh. Nothing better than seeing someone wince as their pride and joy bumps off the limiter....

When we are allowed.....obvs....summertime...

Thinking see if someone can do it, even better if we can get suspension set up too, need to make it worthwhile for whoever does the dyno etc.
    1) any takers?
    2) Anyone know someone who may be up for it who has a dyno?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. il be up for it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah why not.

can see how little my gayxer makes with that nuclear cooling tower of a silencer hanging out back

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. you still running standard exhaust mate??

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes mate

6. That’s cute.

7. I've never used a dyno , so maybe this is a dumb-ass question .....

but how do they compensate for the fact that the bike is standing still ?

The ram air effect that you'd get from driving at speed is missing

8. They have fans at front to ram air in

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. you know me :p

10. I’m in, can I bring my Vespa, it is Italian.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This will be summer 2025 then when we are allowed out to play, yes?

12. Let’s hope not

13. I have run all my bikes on dynos and it's a good laugh if a tad worrying, as you dont realise the mechanical shenanigans going on when your actually riding the bike.
    I would be up for one depending on the date.

14. I've been told the silencer is not very restrictive, if you take it off, it is straight through. I have a full system on mine and was told if I have trouble with noise, I'd be better off putting the standard can on rather than a baffle in the arrow can

15. Oh really?

I’ve seen dyno print outs with 15bhp gains in the mid range when removing the stock can from numerous tuners (with mapping).

The cats aren’t only in the silencer mate. There’s one in the mid pipe as well.

16. I'd say most of that gain is mapping. I'm pretty sure there is not cat in the can as it is straight through,

17. There’s cats in the can and centre pipe mate. I know this as I helped strip and build my mates L7 race bike.

you’re right about the headers though, bar weight and the rattling, there’s little gains to be had from swapping them. Mhp for example will cut out the mid pipe and decat them for you & wire the valves open if you did want to keep them.

Mapping is very important. You can’t really map them on the stock system as it melts the cats!
    I’ve had this very conversation with Paul C, Gav, powerslide etc and they’ve all said the same bud. I’ve even heard instances of none mapped bikes doing the cats with track work.

they’re a totally different bike with a system and mapping. Especially if you go with custom traction and aw tables

#18 Advikaz, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Interested.... dependent on date of course

Do Not Sell My Personal Information