1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Jpdiag?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ben155, Mar 4, 2018.

1. I dont have spark on my mts 1000
    when i testing coils with jpdiag the injection relay,fuel pump always works but absense of spark.Wires on pin 38 and 10 are ok.
    the mistery now..
    the real positions are gear=neutral,kill =on ,stand=down ,clutch=released but diag shows kill=off,others are true
    when i put gear, the ecu automatically change the kill switch position from off to on
    also sometimes this happed when i lift the side-stand up and the ecu automatically change the kill switch position from off to on..
    i confirmed with guzzidiag but these dont happed.
    the battery measure used multimeter is 12,6v ,but ecu show 12,3v.
    the ecu have U1601 and p0335 error codes(pick up sensor is new,shim 0,6-0,8mm)
    Ιn the previous period when i push start buttom the engine only spin when i turn key switch on to off again on the engine start up immediatelly!
    any ideas please..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think U1601 is an immo fault.P0335 is crank position sensor. Whenever strange faults start I change the injector/pump/coil relay. Also check the little earth fly lead onto the ECU. Check for damage and also clean with emery paper. Put it back under the bolt on the ECU. Consider taking the ECU out and separating it from the heat sink. Clean with emery and reinstall not forgetting the earth lead.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks chris, i will clear all adout ecu's gound.
    i m thinking to make a test for spark , used jpdiag..
    body ecu connector disconnected-i will connect reflash leads only at bodies pin 4,17,10,34,16-injection relay shortied-disconnected fuel pump connector.
    is this test safe and reliable?

4. Not something I would do

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank you chrisw!I cleared ecu's and main ground and now i have spark,engine start up,succes!the error codes u1600-01,P0335 reappeared.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information