1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Febur Racing Water Radiator

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I could be completely wrong, but I think the need to have the racing fairing installed is to do with the pipework routing from the radiator to the engine. The upper tubing comes out very straight and would foul the left fairing. Race fairings had a section cut away from the fairing vent.

Ducati_1198_Checa_2011_ZAC_2247-1024x683 copy.jpg

The race fairings also have no fixing for the radiator shroud. The OEM shroud has 3 parts; a side panel fixed to each fairing and an upper part fixed to the headlight housing.
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 10.47.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 10.47.23.png

I have the single piece race shroud and that fits to the OEM radiator and headlights. Logic therefore would suggest that the OEM shroud setup would work with the Febur system, if it is the same depth as the OEM rad. The part I have was made by Fullsix, but it doesn't look like the make them any longer - not listed on their website.

Rad Shroud.jpg

mc98r7c33_4_p7297_ecb20c.jpg

Hope that helps a little.

pr7297_6_mc-98r7-c33_2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I have a 1098RS radiator MB Motorsport.

I have it fitted inside a 748 with 998 flat fairings. It touches on the left hand side.

3. WOW!!! Your bike looks like new?? Is the engine new or what, what is the secret??

The mean thing I have is that engine is tuned a lot and that produces a lot of heat when driving slow or at traffic lights. When standing still you see the temperature goes up very fast to 110 degrees and then the fan is kicking in. I am looking for a solution like a second fan or better cooling liquid or a bigger radiator

• Like Like x 1
  4. How did you get on with the oil in the airbox issue?

5. yes that is resolved, we have fitted a box with a labirint inter airbox and connected with the oem hose to the carter and problem is resolved, unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of it sorry

6. Yeah, you could say I have OCD with certain things, my bikes being one area.... The SP has only covered around 5000km's, not huge by any stretch of the imagination.It's not very standard either - only the main frame, engine and gearbox are unmodified..

Regarding your heating issue, yes these bikes get very very hot!! The Febur radiation does not have any fan mounting points and really is deigned for race use, or rather not town use. You're radiator should have twin cooling fans, at least I'm assuming it does.. which model is it based on?

7. yeah I think I found the problem. Original there where two fans but because of the transformation to panigale electronics there wasn’t enough space for a second fan, but never say never so I gonna try to instal a second fan.

8. Ah, do you have a Biggelaar Special?

If you can fit a fan, great!! If Toine did your bike, maybe ask him to reprogram the ECU and have the fan cut in at a lower temp maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yeah it is a litle bit changed the last years haha.

I fitted today an additional fan, now I need nice and dry weather haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. ...and a RS swingarm like @Bullitt has ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have now two fans and it looks like the "problem" is less. The temperature will rise slower at trafic lights so i think that one is solved. Now i'am looking for a better cooling water, i have now G12++ (Pink)

12. upload_2020-7-13_20-27-41.png
    2 percent of that with water is what we use in Formula 1. No Frost protection but maximum heat transfer.

13. Ok. That is no problem that there is no frost protection. I think i will buy this stuff, maybe it will reduce the temperature a litle bit more. How does this work? empty all old cooling water and then just water with this stuff?

#14 Boukekoppejan, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  14. That's it, pre mix it in a jug and pour it in. We never had a problem with it mixing with some residual coolant. Strangely cooling in formula 1 is the responsibility of the chassis manufacturers i.e. the teams and not the engine manufacturer. So the engines come with left over coolant from the Dyno which may be different. This stuff is safe with rubber and all metals including magnesium.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information