1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feckin Immobiliser!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by WAYNE, May 25, 2020.

1. Right, on my 996 there was a datatool VETO EVO (PAIN IN THE ARSE) fitted that i wanted GONE!
    Followed the fitting instructions backwards and now the indicators are on steroids and she turns over but it sounds on turning the ignition key the fuel pump isn't engaging hence she will not start(and the side stand is up)!!
    Does anyone have in the past had similar problems with these irritants and a solution, i'm all out of ideas, if not call in a sparky!!!!

2. I remove these alarms quite often. The datatool breaks 2 circuits, the starter circuit and the fuel/pump circuit which also disables the sparks and injection. When you remove the alarm you need to reinstate these two circuits. Since the starter is working that must be ok but the fuel pump circuit isn't.
    The usual way alarm is connected is to either the supply to the relay coil (orange /blue wire to pin 86) or the connection from the relay to the ECU (black wire to pin 85). Make sure both these wire are intact. You need to join the ends where the alarm was connected to them.
    The other alarm wires can simply be snipped off. It should have no effect on the indicators unless you've cut any of the wires to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks for the info. The starter was bypassed through the solenoid which i reinstated to standard normal. Obviously i've missed the fuel pump, will try again tomorrow, it's to bloody hot in the garage now!! Electrics are not my strong point but until you fuck up you don't learn anything.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. As per Derek above.

On my 1999 748.
    The alarm is connected into the wiring loom via an ‘official’ factory connector (ignoring the feeds to the indicators) somewhere under the seat. This is a Ducati factory fitted connector there for the fitment of an alarm. You need to maintain that circuit. The photo shows the connector under the seat. The connector on the left is part of the wiring loom, the connector on the right goes back to the alarm. You need to either bridge the loom side of connector with a repurposed paperclip, or better still a purpose made superseal connector which bridges the 2 terminals inside, or as I have done, leave the alarm itself in the circuit in order to ensure the completeness of the circuit. It’s having the same affect as a bridge.

C07C7AE7-0DDE-4328-84FB-771D797709FE.jpeg

It was really annoying when I was refurbing my 748 last year so when I put the alarm back into the bike & loom I opened it up, removed the internal battery and did not reconnect the alarm loom to the battery. Just in case a future owner, or myself, wanted to reinstate the alarm it’s all in place. It’s all there but deactivated at present.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I had one on my 900ss ie that i took off that went well apart from blowing the indicator relay, i hate the bloody things, a good padlock and chain, snake pit, crocodile trench, bobby traps and a moat is all you need.:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'd forgotten about that connector and it’s not on all 748/916/996 variants. It is actually provided for connection of a tilt switch as required for some racing/track use but is often used for connecting an alarm/immobiliser. Where such a connector is fitted, as Paul says, just bridge the terminals.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I didn’t know that, I assumed it was solely for the alarm which was a dealer fit (otherwise alarms would be going off right left and centre as bikes were shipped from the factory around the world).

As a matter of interest what is the purpose of a tilt switch for race/track use? To automatically cut the ignition if the bike’s down and in the gravel?

#7 West Cork Paul, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  8. Yes, to cut the engine. The bikes weren't fitted with alarms at the factory, as you said they were a dealer fit.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. My experience (for what it's worth - nothing!) is that no thief is ever inconvenienced - only the owner!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Horrible things, had to unpicked mine which was cut into the fuel pump circuit and indicators.

Is it a sign of autistic spectrum disorder if non OEM electrical connectors make you feel nervous?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Thank you to for all your input and knowledge, put a nice sturdy piece of wire in the loom connecter and made the circuit, taped it up and mobs your buncle SORTED!! I would never of sussed that out!!!!:upyeah::upyeah::motorcycleduc::fist:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Does anybody know where i can get a superseal connector??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thanks again, i'm :poop: at electrics but always up for learning and making mistakes:grinning:!! Any chance you can show me a link to what actual purpose made superseal connector i need, it's a feckin minefieldo_O:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information