1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Feeling A Tad Disappointed

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mazzastradi, Jan 14, 2019.

1. After purchasing a 2018 950 mts I am starting to wonder why. The air intake plastics don’t line up no matter what I do. It took an hour to get the seat back on today. The fastener was impossible to start the bolt into. I cannot get toque specs from the dealer. I cannot get a workshop manual. I want to do mid 15000km services as oil and air filter should not be left that long imho but cannot even look at how the air box is designed in a manual. I cannot adjust my own chain as ducati won’t give me the torque specs for the rear wheel. Im looking at paying over $120 just for a freakin socket to fit the rear wheel nut on ebay. Feeling like I bought a misaligned $2 toy from China ☹️ Do Ducati seriously treat their customers like we are all overpaid freakin morons who run off to a dealer for everyfreakinthing. So pissed

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I imagine Tank needs to lift / probably come off to get to the air filter - the same as the 1200's

I know the rear is a double swing arm.. so see if you can find a 1200 Enduro manual to help out on the torque settings if you can not get an 950 manual..

Post some photos on the plastics.. early DVT had nose alignment issues - but was all pretty simple to unbolt and put back in place to correct..

The 800 scrambler torque spec for the rear axle is 145Nm +/-5Nm - thats a double sided swing arm 28mm or 30mm nut... The Multi 1200 Single side is 230Nm

Maybe nelly @nelly can help with specific torque values for your bike.. as he is our online friendly dealer..

#2 Simon Audi, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. have you ever heard of google?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. That is not a very nice way to greet someone.
    A new member has come on here to say they are upset about a few things on the bike. If you read the post properly you will see that she did not ask here for any advice, just said that it was not forthcoming from Ducati .

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. #5 Simon Audi, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. the lord helps those that help themselves..
    If She deems herself capable of doing a mid 15000km service, swapping seats, removing wheels (though why you would need to remove a wheel to tension a chain is beyond me) surely you have the nasm to search for the information beyond a ducati dealer?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The point I was making was that op did not ask us to help provide info .
    Not sure which lord you were referring to but so typical of those made up deities to be helping those that dont need help as they have already helped themselves. Reminds me of the story about bank managers, they lend you an umbrella when the sun is shining and ask for it back when it starts to rain.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Derek is one of the experts on here... he also posted that he recommended to use the Scrambler as a starting point

upload_2019-1-14_11-43-11.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seems its a little more... and a 36mm bi hex socket needed... 180Nm for rear wheel

upload_2019-1-14_11-47-14.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Typical Aussie, starting arguments :eyes:

Welcome spannering Dudette :cool::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. My point is that far too many people have a go themselves and then moan about either ducati dealers or the supposed shit quality of the product..

are you a bank manager...

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Google seriously... yep I tried it
    Chain tensioning without loosening rear wheel nut is a newy on me also
    I had found the 950 multi wheel nut thread but found the range in answers a bit ....complex ‍♀️
    I was told by my closest dealer (500 km round trip) to send him an email and he would reply with the required torque settings..... that was weeks ago. After experiencing KTM and BMW build quality I have some reservations rolling around in the pit of my stomach right now. It could have something to do with the empty bottle of Prosecco as well
    Anyway I thank those of you who have pointed me in the right direction. I shall troll away... (I still can’t believe I have to find information trolling through a forum rather than using technical data) insert sad defeated head shake emoticon ... sigh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Other more helpful people could be along soon :bucktooth: @nelly damsel ,in distress :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Because it's a twin spar swing arm not a single Dohhhhhhhhh…

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Trolling through this forum...literally will be the best information you can find to help with your bike. Already you have had results. Also you will get derision, but I already get that from my mates for owning a Ducati, or two...
    These are the same mates who are pissing themselves laughing as they help me push my bike onto the rescue trailer. They also happily go for a test ride and that shuts them up somewhat!
    Ducati, fantastic to ride and look at, but very frustrating from a mechanicing perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think when you buy a brand new bike, you have high expectancies of a sorted, reliable and fit for purpose bike, even more so the high end cost of some bikes. Getting one and being disappointed can see such bikes moved on quickly

We do have some antipodeans in here that I'm sure will offer some local advice on parts and best practices.

Might also be worth introducing yourself in the Newbies hangout with an intro something like Aussie Joins, needs help, you get my drift? https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/newbies-hangout.13/

• Like Like x 2
  17. But they is mental, and angry and one is easy to rile as he's a trainee Lawyer...…………… :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. You know him don't you :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information