1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Full Machine Polish

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Iconic Ferrari 430 Scuderia - full machine polish over 50% PPF film on this vehicle which wrapped the total front end of vehicle..( only so much clarity can be obtained through machine polishing PPF film - but the final result was better than expected .4 hour clinical wash followed by a full chemical decontamination and physical decontamination with Tac systems cloth. Warm filtered air blown dry, taped and paint depth readings taken. 20 hours of pure machine work using various Rupes machines and Rupes pads with various compounds and different light sources...wiped down with Naptha based cleansing fluid to remove all traces of polish residue and oils....LSP is a Si02 infused wax. Hard work but the result was outstanding - Thanks for looking guys & girls & I wish you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

• Like Like x 16
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. Oh mate, that will come up a treat when it's done :D:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Cheeky fookers!....lol....and i was gonna do yer Multi for free...ah well!...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I like free, but only if you spend a bit more time and care on it than you have that old Fezzer !! o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. yer a dead man walking....Wayneee boy! LOL :punch::broken_heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Oh man that is the sex.

Do you fit the PPF film as well?

#6 Monners, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good work Rob, looks the business matey!

Always loved the Scud, nearly as much as I do the CS's...

8. Thanks BEN.....customer loved the end result....just gotta machine polish the engine bay now! ....hope you are well buddy and hope you had a great Crimbo with family...& a Happy New Year to ya!

• Like Like x 1
  9. does that mean that all the ducati forum members get a free ride out in 2018?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sorry no the previous owner had the PPF installed....if your looking for a great PPF for your DUC then Llumar which is basically self healing....if you get small wash marring, swirls etc on this film, then just pour medium hot water on the film and the blemishes disappear before your very eyes...VERY COOL technology.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've tried wrapping my bike track fairings and would never consider trying the car haha :) Probably not practical for you but I want to get the front of mine done and would be interested in a quote if you are ever close to West London?

QbKhQbLOQ%GAe1sD6nPfQA.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Very very nice.....PPF film is great if you want stone protection....otherwise a good ceramic like Gtechniq will give depth and gloss to your paintwork unlike any PPF....If I was close would love to do yours....Blacks look amazing once machine corrected and coated.......heres one i did previous although it was only an ' Enhancement ' and coated in Blackfire Sealant....before and after of the rear!

fullsizeoutput_834.jpeg

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. Wow thats look great, nice work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I want it for stone protection when being a hooligan :) but would also like it to look as good as possible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Cheers Rob, all good this end mate and we dis have a good one thanks.

Hope all is well your end and you had a good one too ;)

Happy new year to you and your family for tomorrow fella. Hopefully catch up with you when the weather picks up mate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thankyou kind Sir.......and thats only one of my ' Enhancement ' packages.....if it were an true correction package then the results would be spectacular. If your a hooligan as you say then PPF is the way to go and i'd recommend Llumar or Xpel which are the best films currently available....both will cost you in excess of £1K JUST for the film application to the leading edges on your vehicle....then you have the cost of the prep and machine work prior to the film application....well worth it if you have the doh and want the ultimate in protection....

17. Mate, that looks stunning! Excuse my thickness, do you do this professionally? I'd be interested in a paint correction job like that on mine (black on black 997.2 turbo) I live just south of Doncaster- with the rest of the cool kids....

18. Top cleaning, reminds me that I need to get my car to the local £5 carwash as I can't read the rear plate...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Just clean the plate yourself buddy....safer than taking your vehicle to the scratch and wash guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. PM sent buddy!...Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information