1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fianlly A Successor To The St?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Ascalon, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Is the new SuperSport Ducati a more reasonable successor for the ST line than the MutleyStrada?

[​IMG]

Monster chassis, relaxed, but sporty motor, and top drawer suspension?

Sounds a lot like the ST!

Thoughts?

2. I think you must have been potholing for the past 3 months. It was news back then :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Potholing eh? No, down a hole, in fog, with an owl!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I still want to know how the fairing fixes at the tank. Looks like a maintainence nightmare for basic stuff

5. That's a good point.

6. What about 2up ability, can't see my son on the back of the supersport!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Another good point and something that was mentioned specifically.

Supersports were never very pillion friendly.

8. The bike pictured was rushed together for WDW and still in prototype form so might be a bit different when revealed at Milan show in November.

9. Not the prettiest thing in the world, is it ?

10. I actually like it.

I think the superquadro engine wasn't the best to make a long-legged roadbike anyway, so the Monster 1200 base is sound. But it has to be said that the styling of the Pani is gorgeous.

Best of both worlds?
    I reckon so.

Can I afford one?

Can I f***!

11. Having sat on it, I can confirm that it is indeed a comfy bike!
    Seat is a dual seat with a cover rather than a mono seat, so it may well be comfy for a pillion too.
    We said at the time that a set of panniers and a top-box would make it a good tourer...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Was th seat height lower than the mutley?

13. This does raise an important point.
    With the 1200s Monster being a well developed platform, the development costs of this would be minimal.

Does it signal a bit of bet hedging that suggests the MutleyStrada isn't selling in the numbers they thought?

I'm not taking away from it, I hear it is a great bike, but it is not a sports tourer as far as I am concerned.

14. You've not ridden one have you? Or seen one ridden?

And as I understand it the Multi is Ducati's best selling model in the UK at least.

15. Have seen many, have sat on a few, but it is still an adventure bike, not a sports tourer.

In the same way the Hyper is not a sports bike, or an offroader, the Mutley is not a sports tourer.

That's interesting on the sales numbers. I would have thought that the Monsters would outsell it.

16. I disagree. It is sporty as feck and I've seen people out-ride plenty on 1199/1299's. And plenty of people tour on them as you will see from the hundreds of threads on here. Hence it is a sports tourer in my eyes and why it sells so many.

And if it was low enough for a hobbit I'd have one in a heartbeat because it does those things.

17. Judging by the quantity of threads on here relating to Multi's I would say they are probably the most popular for the mid age market (who want something totally capable that doesn't make their prostate itch) followed by the 1299's and then the rest. It's just an observation, and of course I'm joking on the prostate thing...

They are expensive though which probably rules out most impulse purchases.

The supersport looks really great IMHO as long as it's the 939 engine. What doesn't make sense to me is them making it AND a small capacity multistrada, sure u can do touring on the supersport and it is confirmed to have the multi electronics package already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Must say that I would disagree as well. The Multi is more a sports tourer than an Adventure bike in my opinion, in a good way, and probably why it has done well over the years. The Enduro version is the only one I'd really call an adventure bike. All that said the whole 'Adventure' bike thing is a bit of a fraud in my opinion anyhow as most of them are used as sports tourers, hence why they are all so big and heavy and very few are actually any good off road.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yes.

20. It makes perfect sense for people who want a Multistrada but can't afford the £14k base model.
    Ducati are making an entry-level Multi, and will then upsell to the 1200 once their finance runs out... basic Ducati sales technique ;)
    You wouldn't buy a Supersport if you wanted a bike that looked like the Multistrada.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information