1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Achieved A Ducati!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MarkyPancake, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Been lurking a little while, as I've been getting closer to making a move on an 899 Panigale. Always had a soft-spot for the 'baby' Panigale and Ducati has been on my list to own at some point. Well, the stars have aligned and I bought one today and might have it by the weekend. I'm coming from a 2014 RSV4 Factory, my second RSV4, so not new to Italian, but this is my first Ducati.

It's a 2014 model with 1,900 miles and one of the things I really like about it is that it's pretty much stock, even down to the number plate hanger, apart from a rear seat cowl and a few R&G bobbins. Also, means I get to own a Ducati twin, after having inline 4, V4 and crossplane bikes.

After owning several great bikes over the years with the usual mods we all tend to do, the idea of a stock/relatively stock 899 really appealed to me at this point. I may look into changing the slip-on in the future, but quite like how it sounds already, and would like to get the revised oil/radiator guard for peace of mind.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  3. welcome marky'

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the forum.:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the Jungle...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sounds like a plan :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome dude

• Like Like x 1
  11. Greetings Marky! Ready for some Ducati malarkey...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi and welcome. Pics when it arrives

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to the Forum Mark:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Got the call this morning. MOT and service done yesterday and it's on its way now, so will get some pictures when it arrives. Evotech lower radiator guard is on its way as well, so will get that fitted before riding it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hello :upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello and welcome manky

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's here! Arrived a bit later than planned, then had a clash with work, so only managed to get some quick pictures. Evotech lower rad guard arrived as well, so need to get that on and remove the rear pegs before first ride.

Fired it up on the drive and it sounds really fruity for a stock exhaust system and that's coming from a 2010 crossplane R1 with decat and Akras, then a 2014 RSV4 Factory with full Akra system and Race Map. Can feel the weight difference compared to the RSV4 too, just by wheeling it into the garage. The RSV4 is quite a compact bike already and the 899 looks a bit sleeker to me.

899-Panigale-01.jpg

899-Panigale-02.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Very nice and good weather at the mo!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Great stuff! Enjoy dude

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information