1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Got A Ducati...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Faith, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Popping in to say hello! I live in Minnesota, USA and just joined yesterday, which is when I bought my 2003 Monster 620 Dark. Super excited to finally own one even though it's not brand new. Hardly slept a wink last night! Rumor has it they require a lot of work. If that's the case, it's a perfect companion to my Land Rover (LOVE my quirky Rover!!). Today I will see if the battery is still holding a charge so I can take it out for a spin

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome. You might be surprised by how reliable it is. Hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks. I am hopeful too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Minni, enjoy the new ride !! :cool:

5. Welcome Dave

6. Hello and welcome into the mad house

It should be ok plenty of knowledge in here to help :)

#6 Ducbird, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Welcome :):upyeah:

8. Pics with the bike and the landy welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. All pics must be accompanied by a bin (dumpster) to comply with forum Regulation BIN-ISO-916:2000 Public Responsibility for the Photography and Publication of Ducati's, Conventions and Guidelines.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I reckon we should vote on an amendment to that law to allow the bin to be substituted by a bikini clad person (of either gender) conforming to certain BMI limitations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. either gender? what planet are you on man :eek:

12. Hey I takes what I can get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. This is turning out to be more than I expected...some potentially good advice topped with a little spice. Can't say I've seen that on the LandRover forums. Personally, I'm secure enough to comfortably receive admiration no matter the source and can find beauty in pretty much anything. Enough philosophy and warm fuzzies for now (anyone read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?).

Thanks for the welcome. I will add pics when I get a chance. The Land Rover is up on jack stands and just found out my part order was cancelled (grrrr!!). Now I can order from a place in Florida that will be reopening since Hurricane Irma has passed through (yaaayy!!).

Ducbird-I appreciate your love of red, it's my favorite color too. My previous Yamaha was red and blue. I've always liked the dark version Monster but I will be riding it wearing a red helmet. I'm also partial to SkiDoo yellow, my favorite snowmobile.

Lastly, regarding the Monster's battery issue. The charging system is working, the battery held a charge overnight and he (she?) started right up this morning. We are on the right track!

(I hope this doesn't post a million times, I appear to be having computer problems as well)

• Like Like x 2

14. Don't worry my phone seems to like adding or discarding words of its choice :thinkingface:o_O

Ooo I'm happy you have some red and yellow is the colour of custard and the sun :)

15. And Banana's Ms Banana's :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hi, welcome to the forum, I just got my first Ducati about a month ago, get the hang of it now

17. Hiya Faith.

18. Enjoy love duke's.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information