1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Finally It’s Here

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Chris Scott, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Just sharing. After many weeks of waiting my new (2016) Multistrada has finally arrived.

Had my first commute today finding the transition from the ST3 a bit of a challenge but very good to ride.

Looking forward to tapping into the riders experience to date. Especially around Sat Navs.

Cheers
    Scotty

3560ED1B-4A01-4CED-B9F4-3F4B3A094F5B.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. You've made a good choice the Multistrada DVT is a brilliant machine

3. Yup :)

So far so good I must say. Taking a bit of getting used to where the width is concerned.

4. I dont ride using panniers so if the mirrorsm fit through the gap the rest of the bike will

5. I learned that with a BMW R1100 GS 15 years ago :laughing:
    Never to be repeated. :)

Good to know about the mirrors are my “whiskers” so I know where i’ll fit. I’m still a bit cautious at the moment. I’m sure it will wear off.

6. Welcome Scotty.

Like you I've just bought a Multistrada and am getting used to it. Width is something I need to be aware of, my last bike (MV Turismo) had panniers that were well tucked in and were no wider than the bars. The 1260 has a fat arse so I need to be aware of that when filtering.

Wired my sat nav into the dedicated plug under the black left fairing infill yesterday (see this video). Hopefully the previous owner of your bike didn't use it and the other half (that you need to solder the lead for yours into) is still there. Otherwise you'll need to buy the relevant plug or just cut off the female part of the socket and solder directly.

As to mounting the sat nav I've currently got the RAM ball from my last bike in place of one of the four handlebar clamps. However, this means that the sat nav fouls my Givi tank-lock tank bag so I can't use the two combined. Looks like I'll need to invest in the Ducati mount (plus bracket to adapt to my Zumo 590) or a Navihalter.

7. Update.
    Full termignoni system fitted yesterday and 30 miles later I am still happy. I left the baffle in for the moment.
    More to follow.
    Very love this bike :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Very nice bike :)

9. Ok
    So here we are approx 300 miles and 3 weeks in.
    My observations thus far:
    Love it
    It’s a swine to get change down into 1st without matching the revs or a throttle blip.
    It’s a dream two up and fully loaded.
    The power is there is spades and I have not tried sport mode yet.
    I managed to get to edge of the tire in the first week. I have never had a bike with zero chicken strips especially in week 1!!! Not in 30 years on a bike.
    The seat has a weird forward tilt that makes no sense.
    I love cruise control.

Next steps are to fit my sat nav (bought a navihalter so thanks for the recommendation gang!) and to fit a charging phone mount.
    At some point before winter is up i’ll put spots and i’m Considering protection (bars plates etc) but it seems excessive for London

Thanks for the hints and tips guys. All very useful and keep ‘em coming.

10. Oh yes. Still getting used to keyless entry.

11. I'm tending to turn the bike off again rather than hitting the starter button as I intended... Met and rode with a mate with a '16 plate 1200 Mutley he's owned since new the other weekend and he's still doing that...

12. Congrats! Going on a few weeks with my 18 1260. I agree with the handling, I did the same thing and was shocked, lol. :)

13. An Oberon clutch slave improves the selection of 1st. Lightens the clutch too.

Not life changing, but worth it.

14. Bit dim is he?

15. Well he does have other bikes and the ignition on/off button is located where any other bike's starter button is. Exactly why I'm doing it still after the 700 miles I've managed to fit in thus far. As it's my only bike now I expect I'll get used to it soon.

16. Nahhh!........you won't :)
    I'm still doing it :(

17. Sounds good, you'll soon find the limits as the centre stand doesn't take that much to start grounding out when two up.

My 16 plate DVT prefers a throttle blip when changing down, all part of the character IMO and part of owning a Ducati. I test rode the S1000XR, nicer gear change but boring as hell!

18. And especially if the supplying dealer fitted one off the Enduro by mistake and didn't think to check the stand didn't have the rear wheel 8 inches off the floor before you collected the bike... Don't ask me how I know :no_mouth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information