1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally My Dream Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by iiiDutchiii, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hi All
    Having joined just last week to share my woes of the first year of owning a Multi 1260s, finally wanted to get round to proper introduction and tell you of my story.
    Finally reached a stage in life where I could afford a premium bike. Tested various bikes in the range and when I tested the Multi i was simply blown away. Forget the GS and KTM....this machine was in my opinion nothing short of incredible.
    Finally found a 1-year old bike (2018 model with 2k miles) for sale at Blade in Abingdon.
    Now I can forgive the slack chain as I was way too excited to own it on day 1 and comfortable sorting that myself. As for the rest....
    1. Was told they will send me the seat adjustment in the post as bike was on lower setting for me. Twice asked since and still not sent. Doubt they still have it!
    2. Was told amber flashing DSS on dash is merely telling me it’s active when I recently discover it’s actually a fault light!
    3. First breakdown asked them for the updated Ducat Assist tel number to be told they don’t have it and I’ll need to google it myself - yeah thanks for that!
    4. When I could get them to pick up the phone get told someone will call me back. Never happens!
    5. 3 days of supposed diagnosis told me the breakdown was due to quick shifter malfunction. No mention of the amber flashing DSS light!
    6. Brakes vibrated real bad that the front. They test ride it and told me that Brembo brakes to vibrate and squeak all the time. (Still no mention of the flashing DSS light) Having had that fixed elsewhere seems that also rubbish!
    7. Bike wouldn’t start below 5 degree oat. Told that’s just all big v-twins having sold it to me as go anywhere bike! Apparently big v- twins can be started in minus temps!
    8. Bike started, but after Rev reduction time idle would stall out until the bike was ridden a couple miles.
    9. After 8 months of nightmare ownership, having paid nearly £16k for the bike, I complain to Ducati, take it to Moto Rapido, and in a matter of hours the bike suddenly performs like the brand new one I test rode!
    Apparently diagnosis showed a number of faults that had to be cleared. Wont go into detail seems to me Moto Rapido basically performed the so called # point checks that Blade claim they do before selling a bike!
    After some 8 months of ownership only last week did I finally get the bike I thought I was buying. Up to that point I was ready to cut my losses and never look at another Ducati again! However Moto Rapido in Winchester have restored my faith and I will now be totally confident taking this around France now. This bike make me smile every time I ride it now
    It’s just sad that a dealer with usually good reviews seemed happy to take my hard earned cash for the sale but literally zero interest in post sale support! Just bad form all around in my experience. Moto Rapido on the other hand....just light years ahead on their customer service. Oh and of course they fixed the DSS fault Blade sold it to me with!
    As it stands today.....can’t think I’ll ever part with my 1260s. For merge most perfect all round bike ever built . Still grated on me that it took some 8 months to get to this point.

• Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 3
  2. Welcome, good outcome in the end, shame about the crap service from the selling dealer - may I suggest a late night visit to 'put his windows in' :thinkingface::D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Appalling service from the monkeys at Blade. Glad you got sorted in the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hello :upyeah:, glad it all turned out good!

#4 WAYNE, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  5. That's what i like to see inlife,perseverance and it's not put you off the Ducati brand.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glad you got it all sorted in the end. The lads at Moto Rapido are well known for being great, sounds like these buggers at Blades have a lot to learn...

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Great to hear dude !! Hopefully you will enjoy your bike from now on !!

8. Seems to me that COVID is being used as an excuse for a few dealers to give it the old "can't be bothered" tone.
    I called a dealer for off road bikes the others day and wanted to ask a few straight forward questions and the tone I got was very much why do I have to talk to you. When I spoke to this same dealer late last year they were great.
    Glad you got it sorted in the end though.

9. Glad it’s now all sorted. As others have said MR have an excel and well deserved reputation. To be honest the clue was already there with the slack chain. If for example Moto Rapido were selling that bike they would have noticed the chain and put it right. The first Multistrada I test rode at an authorised Ducati was great, but it was filthy so I thought no way will I buy this bike , god only knows what else they have ignored. Enjoy it and have a lovely time in France, whereabouts are you heading?

10. Welcome and enjoy your multi the way it should have been in the first place.

Only had one experience of Blade in Swindon and left with the £13k still intact in my pocket due to the way I was spoken at.

11. I've also made a mental note to ignore any bikes that come up in my searches at Blade.

13. Thanks Andy. Yeah I dunno what it is with those guys at Blade. But I tell you they’ll never see another penny of my cash!

as for the Multi....put another 500 miles on since Moto Rapido sorted for me. Every mile is just an experience to remember man

14. As everyone else has said, glad to hear you got the bike sorted out eventually and it wasn't a dud. Adventure bikes aren't usually my thing but the Multi is a brilliant machine. It takes everything in its stride, solo or two-up with luggage, and is all-day rideable. I preferred it to the 1290 Adventure but that's not to take anything from the KTM, which is also a great bike.

It may or may not have any effect, but I would put the points from your post here in a letter and send it to the manager at Blade, and their head office if they have one. Don't forget to mention that you're a member of the forum, where people are sharing their experiences with others...who buy Ducatis!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks Oct. In my opinion the Multi is the peak of bike design, performance and general all rounder. I can hoon it with the best of em, chill on long runs, had some fun on the green lanes, you name it. This past week since having it put right, I’ve just cleared over 550 more miles and still look forward firing her up every morning . OK I might be biased but having owned more bikes than I can shake a stick at the multi for me on another level!
    As for Blade, your probably right but I can’t bring myself to waste 1 more second of my life on them. Ducati UK are fully aware of my complaint and experience and tbf helped me sort it all out thru Moto Rap in Winchester. Right now I’d rather spend any free time racking up the miles on this amazing machine ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maybe drop off a bunch of bananas off next time you are passing Blade, they sound a right set of monkeys

17. Good idea......they’ll spend 3 days working out how to peel them before referring to Rome for advice!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Theres a reason Blade Ducati in Reading no longer exist, absolute shower of shite, glad the team at MR got you sorted.

19. Sorry to hear of your troubles but glad it's been sorted by a pukka dealer that cares
    As for the multistrada I have the same thoughts as you it is one hell of a bike it will take something very special for me to part with mine

20. Blade in Swindon has an appalling reputation for after sales care and service. I haven’t heard a positive word said about the place. I would appear that the Abingdon branch is as bad.

I’m sorry for your experience and glad it’s now resolved.Hopefully people will learn from your negative experience and boycott the Blade group.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information