1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireblade Value

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by idrinkbeer, May 3, 2018.

1. Iv a friend who has a bike shop and hes trying to realistically value a 99 fireblade for a trade in, he doesnt want to insult the owner and wants to pay an honest fair price. Anyone an idea of the value of a 1999 blade, 1900 miles only, honestly hasnt seen rain, completly standard except the original tyres were replaced last year, mint condition.
    My friend may if he takes it in end up storing it towards a pension .
    Any ideas ?

2. Think I'll open a bike shop as I know nothing about bike values either :joy:

Seriously it's a low mileage bike, I bought a 954 fireblade split mint 3,500 miles import in graphite beautiful think it was 4K but about 5 years ago it was like new rare as hens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don’t want to teach your mate to suck eggs but it depends on the margin he has in the bike he’s selling and I’d talk to a couple of trade underwriters to see what they’d offer and pitch it so he makes his margin on the sale. A quick look at the papers show 1999/2000 Blades with 20,000 to 30,000 are asking £2500 to £3000. Offer him more than £4k but less than £5k and see what he says. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information