1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Firm Skyhook Forks Cured

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mountaingoat, Apr 8, 2019.

1. A wee bit of info that might help someone else with the same issue.

I recently bought a 13 pikes peak and had great difficulty getting the front to sag properly. I'm only 70kg so thought i night need new springs.
    After a few brief chats with suspension shops, it appears that no one has needed this so far.
    Keen to investigate, and handy with the tools, I bought a fork cap tool and a workshop manual and set about the passive (right)leg.
    My theory was that I'd get a shop with a spring dyno to get the current rate and then find an alternative lighter one.

Fortunately I never needed to go this far.
    As I wound back the cap there was a lot of air release, far more than I've ever had on any fork before.

I put it back together and hey presto 10mm more sag and no more topping out.
    Took 1 hour and a £30 tool.

Update.

I opened the active side last night also, and although I heard no whoosh of air, I got another 15mm of sag!!
    Now around 50mm. Rides far better now:)

#1 Mountaingoat, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Used to have to do that in my dirt racing bikes. Never thought about the multi. Good tip.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information