1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ducati And Its Rained A Lot

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Cliffords, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Hello everyone , I collected my Multistrada 1200 ABS on Saturday and managed just 160 miles this weekend in sometimes torrential rain. First Ducati I have owned in 30 years of bikes and I did a lot of research and test rides before I bought this machine as I want a keeper. Last bike was a Triumph Explorer nice enough however the Ducati is a clear mile apart in terms of ride , handling , brakes, looks and engine, very pleased so far.
    What I did notice big radiator looks vulnerable and nice clean lower cylinder head already filthy ! What do people recommend for a nice rad guard and something to protect the lower cylinder head?
    Also what about the red rim tape I see on the wheels of many bikes, is it bike specific or a generic kit ?
    Thanks
    David

2. Buy Evotech Rad guard and exhaust shield - this helps protect both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi and welcome. Re: the tape, you can get it pretty cheaply of eBay or Amazon, just search 'motorcycle wheel decals' and I'm sure you'll enjoy your first Ducati as much as I enjoy mine, rain or shine. :)

#3 John Mac821, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  4. Hello & welcome

5. The best bike.... in the world (clarkson voice over)

6. ACF50... welcome.

7. Welcome Dave

8. OFFS, you let it get wet?!?!?!??!? You know that invalidates the warranty?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I know where you're coming from David. I picked my new Monster 1200s up 2 weeks ago and it's rained every day since. Enjoy the bike and heres hoping for some nicer weather.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information