1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ducati, First Post

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Cammy46, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Good evening all,

Last week I took delivery of what I can only describe as my dream bike a 2003 Yellow 749S Mono. Appreciate the 749/999 generation weren’t to everyone’s design taste but I have always liked them and finally got to a position where I could afford it.

I spent a while searching about until I came across this one, it’s got 8000 miles on it, has just had the belts serviced and came complete with all service books, keys etc.

I bought it from Leeds but live in Aberdeen so had to have it couriered up North. It’s currently moved a total distance of driveway to garage but it’s being stored in a “bike bubble” as condensation at this time of year is nightmare.

Looking forward to sharing some photos…when I can work out how…

Cheers,

Cammy

• Like Like x 13
  2. Congratulations Cammy! I was toying with the idea of a 749 myself but opted for more of a project as a first Ducati. As a newbie myself I can tell you I used the 'Upload a File' button when posting a reply to my own thread. I think that's better than providing a link to an image as it won't be lost in future as externally linked images might.

• Like Like x 1
  3. welcome dude

4. Welcome and enjoy.

5. Welcome. First time I rode my 999 was from Newcastle to Brighton, but that was back in September.......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome along

7. 749 in yellow. best looking ducati ever. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome to the forum.:)

9. If you want to pour gravy on your chips, that's fine by me and sod everyone else.
    Welcome on board.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Looking forward to your pics please include your rubbish bins with said bike we like them and it keeps me happy :D

welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Evening cammy46'

12. Greetings!

Yellow? I don't see any yellow...

13. Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Much appreciated. Got a trickle charger connected up ready for the warmer weather. Hopefully the below photo works! 107514D3-8E27-4F57-9E82-B49F307650FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  14. Surprised no one has informed you that the Red ones are faster!!!!:motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Welcome Cammy46

16. Wow the proper pocket rocket.
    The 749 revs so sweetly, the eager bro of the big one

17. Mine was red but the yellow looks great.. Echoes of the Desmo 350 I always longed for..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information