1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ducati, My Childhood Poster Bike!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Olly snow, Oct 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Firstly hi to everyone, I wasn’t in the market for a 916 as I honestly thought they were becoming out of my reach price wise, but when this came up I had to have it. The price was too good.

sadly it has after market fairings, but the rest of it is all there, my plan is to make it as close to original as poss, engine out full frame paint new genuine bolts so it looks right. And a few small upgrades.

I Managed to get the original rear wheel with it too, have begun stripping it down and I am going to start by getting a paint match I’m happy with for the frame and wheels. I am lucky enough to be in that line of work so it should be easy enough.

so far I have removed the faring, Headlight bucket and supports off and stripped back to bare metal. The subframe is now off and at work that’s next for stripping once I have the colour. All new bolts, washers, anti-vibration mounts ordered to try make a nice job of it.

3FC82FBA-37AB-4495-BC04-D88474CE479B.jpeg

#1 Olly snow, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 33
  2. Welcome

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hi and welcome and well done. You are lucky to have Moto Rapido near you for parts, they are very good. Don’t assume eBay parts are cheaper than new Oem from them. Often they are not.
    Keep the updates and pics coming. We love a 748/9** story here.

• Agree Agree x 7

4. Luke at Moto Rapido so far has been super helpful have a nice little haul of original bits to collect this week basically every fixture for the rear subframe luckily most of the front end bits are all still original and gold but the rear was showing its age. looking forward to getting the colour to a point where I can get cracking all the headlight bucket etc is blasted ready for coating will grab some photos tomorrow

#4 Olly snow, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome dude

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome and enjoy!

7. Sorreeeee. Not sure what was to dislike, but there you go...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hello & Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to the forum

10. Welcome.
    Congratulations on the bike, its a looker as it is!
    Good luck with your restoration.
    Keep feeding photos to the hungry eyes you've already gathered to your cause

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Apologies, fat thumb moment

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Welcome. I'm heartened by the distrustful have managed to get your dream bike. Even if it'll be a Labour of love getting it to where you want it to be.

13. The first it’s stripped and blasted ready for coating

7DEA0827-082A-4E97-BEB3-EAD93693D0E5.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Welcome aboard and keeping a eye out on the paintwork match with interest.:upyeah:

15. Hello :upyeah:, welcome to the forum, from Southampton i see same as me:upyeah:'

16. Going to be mint this one. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Welcome dude

18. Welcome to the forum..nice bike too, will be an interesting build.

19. luvly to see and welcome..
    Luke and Craig at Moto Rapido are brilliant i agree.. X

Do Not Sell My Personal Information