1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Manufacturer To Step Up And Enhance Their Security... Yamaha

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by JH_1986, Jun 15, 2018.

1. So the TMAX became the theive’s favourite bike. Yamaha have turned around and made it he hardest to steal. Factory tracking, mobile app with engine shutdown options and a locking centre stand.

Hopefully we’ll see these kinds of features rolled out across manufacturers.

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/tmax-shows-the-way-against-bike-theft/

• Like Like x 3
  2. Could the thieves not hack the app to shut down your engine, nick the bike off you, then re enable it to ride it away??

3. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. It sounds like if they put the tracker in a hard enough place to get at that it could at least reduce the amount of scroates using it as a vehicle to commit crime on. People stealing things like Ducatis to order are more resourced and will be able to remove trackers and so on fairly easy unless they are placed somewhere seriously hard to get at? It's so nice being in Europe where bikes can just be parked anywhere; not always the case with expensive bikes in some Cities but it's a damn sight better than here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Hey be more positive.

5. It’s not just the app on the phone, communicating with the bike. The bike is linked to the internet for things like diagnostics. It communicates with a Yamaha secure server and your phone also connectes to that same server. If they can hack Yamaha, they probably don’t need to steal a scooter to make money.

6. Hmmmm, Hello Yamaha, this is the Police, could you tell me what speed this bike was doing at this time please, here is a court order.

@El Toro what's with the "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors" banner in my post? Have I got the BAN ?

7. .

No. I decided all threads in this section should be moderated as the initial posts made were inciting violence, that’s all.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Now I'm angry :mad:

9. C'mon, trying to have a conversation here :yum

10. Yamaha need to step up there security, same goes for every manufacturer, my mate had his mt stolen off the drive yesterday by twats on a scooter, from stepping on the drive, removing cover, breaking steering lock, pushing off the drive , 9 seconds flat, he had been using his bike for work the last couple of weeks and he was round the back of the house while it was being taken. Alverchurch area for anyone local beware .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information