1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First (new) 1 Piece. Effin Tight!

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by bigjimmyb, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Hi all.

I took the plunge to buy a Dainese Assen 2 which has just arrived. It’s my first 1 piece.

All fits fine (I got a 44 even though my chest is a little smaller), except in the crutch. My jacobs are being pulled back into my stomach!

Can I expect them give a bit once I’ve worn them more or should I send them back?

I’m 5’11” so maybe I’m too tall (I’m told they used to do suits in different length but no more)….?

Thoughts welcome.

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sit in your bike in the crouch position. If they still feel tight, get the next size up.
    They don’t give much tbh…
    Fatty….

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Thanks Mary. They are fine on the bike and perfect everywhere else (I know they need to be snug), its just around me ging gangs?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. And tbf Dianese are on the small side :):upyeah:

5. Just loosen them when off the bike. Takes the strain off the knackers. This is the problem when your blessed with huge tentacles !!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Had loads of Dainese 1 piece leathers, as said, if they feel comfy on the bike you’ll be okay :upyeah:

You can’t stand up in them very comfortably as they are cut so short in the front, and in the tuck position and tbh if you try and stand up in them for a long time they make your back ache,…just imagine you have been punched really hard in the stomach and you’re half curled up,:confounded:…..that’s the body position they fit
    I did find out with mine that after getting a good soaking in the rain they seemed to give a bit:thinkingface:
    For me personally, I’d only wear them for track days, for road riding and touring it’s 2 piece Dainese for me all the way.

And if you ever get caught out and need a :poop: when you’re wearing a 1 piece,….well good luck with that :joy: !!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Best "I've got a large knob thread ever" LOL!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks Chaps.

I guess the discomfort while stood is 'OK', as I won't be standing much (they are for riding in after all).

Carl, when you say loosen them, how do you mean? I could pull them down to the waist I guess if that's what you mean. Undoing a zip probably won't help.

It's struck me a few times that racers don't wear theirs too much off the bike, round the paddock etc - now I know why!

9. In all seriousness I've got a set on A-Star leathers which I bought on-line in my size (I usually wear/fit A-Star leathers pretty well) but they are incredibly tight around my calves which means the whole suit probably sits a centimetre or two lower than it should, i.e. I'm being pulled over slightly from my shoulders down.

I persevered with them for a few years, but eventually bought a new suit... My advice would be if they don't fit right now they won't give much over time as I found out.

10. Thanks mate. I bought some AStars in the same size and they were really loose so sold them on. The Dainese are perfect everywhere else. I might swap them for another size up and see if they are longer in the body but I doubt it.

11. Yeah I find just by undoing the zip is enough to take the pressure off. If I’m hot I will take them off to the waist. Only trouble then is the arms keep knocking into stuff and touching girls bottoms. At least that’s my excuse haha!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Ha ha brilliant!

I’ll spend a bit of time in them and see how I go.
    Thanks

13. BB14787E-7AAA-4F62-BE18-44735F3326BA.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. I hope that is not a picture off your calendar! ^^^:joy:

15. Ive sent them back and asked for a size up. If no good I’ll forget it and carry on using my 2 piece all the time.

16. I have had Dainese suits for the last 20 years, and all of them including my made to measure suit try to cut you in half if you stand up straight with the zip fully closed.
    the trick is to roll your shoulders forward a little, and have the zip open a few cm ( depending on your boy shape of cause)
    if you fit them to be comfortable when you stand up straight with your shoulders back, then when you're in the tuck position there will be an excess of material bunched up in front of you, and this isn't correct.
    to be honest, treat it like any another PPE, it has a purpose to fulfil, looks are secondary.

17. Understood, mate - thank you.

I need a bit of room in the upper half for back and chest protectors so am hoping the size up will do the trick and also give my Jacobs a bit of room !!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I tried a few Dainese suits on and couldn't get on with them, same with their jeans too - I think their suits are really short in the torso and their jeans are cut small in the waist and long in the leg, alpinestars cut is much better fit for my body type (i'm 6'2", 95-100 kg)

I'd say if you have to ask the question, then it doesn't fit you. You might try to convince yourself 'it'll be ok' or 'it's supposed to be like this, because race suit' or 'it's fine when I'm on the bike' or 'it'll give/wear in' but the chances are it wont and you'll just be left with something that makes you feel uncomfortable that you then can't send back. send it back now and go and try suits on from different brands before committing.

There's nothing less cool than seeing someone squeaking about the place in a flash new suit that looks like it's been shrink wrapped on. it should be comfortable (but not baggy) when it's on, if it's cutting you in two when you're standing up then it's wrong, it will restrict your movement on the bike and you'll be stretching any expansion panels to the limit.

19. Agreed mate, thanks. I’ll try the size up but if it doesn’t feel right it can go back and I’ll try AStars.

Ironically my 2 piece RST fits really well, but at the risk of sounding snobby, I wanted a ‘premium’ brand. I might just try an RST suit on, you seem to get more for the money (and sod the brand).

20. Have to say, the older Dainese suits I have do feel more “ premium” than the newer ones, still decent quality or I wouldn’t buy them , but when you compare them to the older suits you can see they don’t have as much time, effort and detail put into them and hence are cheaper to manufacture.
    From the opposite end, I think RST have upped their game massively in the last couple of years, so in quality terms I doubt if there’s much between them :thinkingface:

Have a look at this,..almost worth watching just for the healthy young lady doing the measuring up :heart_eyes:

“ Hawaiian Brian’s” suit looks the biz if you like that kind of stuff ;)
    Not sure what the price difference is, but you may be able to get RST made to measure for not much more than Dainese off the peg.
    At this level I think like you say it’s comes down to brand snobbery more than anything else, I would go with the ones you feel most comfortable with,…Bike show at the NEC is coming up, could be a good opportunity to compare a few suits back to back before you decide??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information