1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 First Ride 999s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Gabagool, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Just wow...after a year of keeping it garages I rode it for first time today (was going to keep garages this year only take it out for a mot) but as my riding year will be cut short next month I thought I’d try it out...

luckily I got to ride it back to back with my 899 and what a difference. The torque, hearings and the fact it cut out twice on me at idol... what a machine!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Was the bike camera shy today or other.:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 999s is where the smart money is 999r’s have priced them selves out of the market . The 999s/r is a beautiful handling bike when it is set up , spend a few pennies and get it sorted . Try Avon 3D ultra extreme tyres on it will transform the handling.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Haha... Only managed to take a couple. Was real sunny as I got it out... stopped to take a couple photos and sun went in. I must have out run the sun!

961C0EA6-986F-4750-AA2A-41F9B6C905D8.jpeg

8304C243-6C20-4480-903F-A05AE6A0B399.jpeg

C406AFD2-89C7-4212-9237-EB8F60BC7136.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lovely and the first ever wired bin on wheels.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. What are wired bin on wheels?... or am I missing something lol

7. Our @Ducbird likes dustbins for some odd reason.:upyeah:.........so a supermarket trolley is very close.

8. Is the 999s going up in value then? I did buy it for that reason. Only 3k on the clock and a 2 owner bike. So I do want to hang on to it for a while...

9. Lmao haha ok :) I feel there’s a story behind this...

10. ^^^^^^^^^^^^You'll get your start money back plus perhaps cover a few years insurance premiums on top.

11. Haha awesome! Hopefully they do the same as a 999r is going at the moment...

12. There probably's but only Viv knows what tickles her fancy.:blush::worried:

13. They'll never reach R money for obvious reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah I know :(
    Does anyone know why the price for the 899 is going up? Paid 8k for mine and is 65 plate now they going for 10+

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. That's a question for the experts on the forum or are they tucked up in bed already;), now i've a cold beer waiting for me.GN:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. The prices for the 999 has definitely gone up in price lately here in Norway at least. Think they hit bottom a few years ago and are now up a bit in price. Doubt they will ever go down in price again so your only loss of money will be in maintenance and if you put on a lot of mileage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Abuse it and use it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It’s a newbie requirement and a few forum members include a bin in their out and about pictures now.
    Sometimes joining a new forum and knowing what to say is difficult so to break the ice and it’s a bit of fun I ask for a bin picture with the bike :D
    That way we can all feel included

You will look at bins in a different light :grinning:

#18 Ducbird, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oooh haha ok :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. You don’t have to be mad to be here, but it helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information