1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ride On The Custard 888

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by wastegate, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Collected it in a van yesterday ( pelting rain ) and its first 10 mile round trip on country roads to get it MOT'd today. Starts, brakes just fine and the ohlins rear and well set up front mean its handles well but is nicely supple. The 40th rear sprocket suites the strada's power exactly and the engine is just so smooth ( max 4500 rpm as its only just awakening from its slumbers ). Although the bars are low for a fat old git there is plenty of leg and bum room. Best of all it makes me feel a million dollars to ride .. so I am well happy. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow to get more miles on now it is road legal. IMG_20200829_112329949_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 43
  2. That looks very tidy indeed

3. Lovely bike congrats.

4. Beautiful:upyeah:.

5. Super nice!

6. Cheers. In truth there is a lot of more detail sorting and tidying to be done but its lovely to tinker with. There was a V4 with the fairing off in the workshop, I wouldn't know where to start as it looked like the insides of a laptop! So impressive but way beyond anything I would dare work on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks fantastic, congratulations! Is this the bike which allegedly a previous owner painted to match his Ferrari?
    I love a yellow one, my superlight is sooo much faster than dog common red ones.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Very nice, actually looks good in yellow! Enjoy.

9. Beautiful :)

10. Very jealous, looks wonderful and love the colour!

11. Yes it is that bike. My wife tracked down his facebook page and it was done quite a few years ago. The Ducati yellow is a bit nicer I have to say, a bit deeper and richer. However I like it and its going to stay yellow as it is part of its history, but I may get it sprayed with the Ducati yellow and maybe white number boards later next year.

Interesting chat with someone who said that yellow was the Italian national racing colour pre war ( Germany silver, Britain green etc ). I do remember the old racing Ducati singles in yellow rather than red. However I feel these Ducati's are special, whatever the colour.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  12. fookin' stunnin !!!

13. Please leave the colour as it is. It’s the bikes story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Custard Comet.

15. Very nice!

16. Looks spot on as it is :upyeah:

17. tis a lovely thing and no mistake, you'll be even more smitten when you open it up, peach of an engine, wishing you many happy miles together.

18. Love that in yellow, beautiful. There was one on eBay a while back that looked nice and was good value, same one?

Enjoy it. It’ll be a fabulous thing and it’s in the right colour! :)

19. Who told you the pet name for my penis?

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Looks lovely. Took mine out last weekend. May not be the "rocket ship" performance of today's bikes, but plenty for me and purely analog, plus the sound is sublime!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information