1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 First Ride Out At Last Under Stormy Skys...

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Exige, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Much fun today after all the registration anguish - only Ducati at Sherburn when I arrived :eek: lovin' it o_O

IMG_4710.JPG IMG_4712.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. Nice.

What do you do for a brake light?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not required on a daylight MOT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. How was it???

Can you give us a decent and worthwhile post match report as this was you first proper ride on the ex race TBR wasn’t it?
    Feisty, noisy, fast?
    Better than a ride under Stormy Daniels?

5. Those forks look nice:upyeah:

6. Only did about 40 miles round trip to Sherburn. Going out of my estate it seemed instantly better to the Pro Stock Mapped Red one, far less lumpy and not an issue trundling along in the 20mph limit. Race shift was fine too apart from the odd miss shift on the way back - one when leaving Sherbourne after it drew a crowd o_O
    I went duel carriage way, A road then a B road detour which was the only section where the suspension felt a bit jarrey.
    New tires too but they felt great (thanks for the recommendation) got it on it's ear tentatively on the way back on the left hand sweeper back onto the A64 and is felt fab. Sounds sublime. Overall much more satisfying to ride than the red one on the road - probably a gearing difference. Didn't give it the beans but wow was it satisfying and well worth the wait :):upyeah:
    Lost the gear change toe peg on the way back - going to have a look on the push bike to see if I can spot it on the 4 mile stretch of A64 were it might be :worried:

• Like Like x 4
  7. If you have to brake and someone might be behind you, I guess you have to speed up :p but yes, as Ricky said, no need for a brake light or rear reflector on an MOT that's marked day time use only.

8. Yeh, much prettier than the standard ones I think.

IMG_2933c.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. There you go, I thought it might have been the case but I thought the day light MOT applied only to headlight and indicators. School day for me. Cracking bike BWT. Cheers

10. Be careful on that bastard A64! Got clocked at 86 there a few weeks back! :sob:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Sherburn...that brings back memories, used to visit a a pub there. I haven't heard that name for years. I was based in York with 2 Sig Regt. Yorkshire lasses can certainly drink. Anyway, lovely bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I’d still fit a brake light, even if I took it off for the MOT

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. It is certainly worth considering as it is a bit unnerving tbf :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. If I were following you, I would run into you mid corner or roundabouts if I gave you the normal space one biker gives another. I suspect I am not alone in that... :upyeah:

15. I doubt you would see my brake light that far back :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Great bike! Like the reg too :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Flashes his bare, spanked red arse cheeks when braking :scream:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Spent 22 years in the R. Signals, never at 2 Sigs though, mainly in Germany and Cyprus ;)

19. Mmmm Cyprus, nearly as nice as a stormy York :thinkingface: my mate is there now on a 4 week holiday as he has a house out there (he’s a plumber :rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Well done on making Front Page :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information