1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle First Ride Out

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Lostonweekends, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Well, I took delivery this morning, 6AM. Had a quick blat and then had to work...
    Managed to get just under 50 miles (running in) this afternoon, on local, mostly B and single track roads - these are my thoughts...
    The cons;
    I found the low end throttle snatchiness/stuttering as poor as I have ever experienced on a bike... Bearing in mind my ride today was always at 4000rpm or less. 1st gear and low revs, picking my way through tourists (vehicles and pedestrians) was a pain in the a**e.
    On the rougher roads the suspension is a little bouncy, definitely an upgrade waiting to happen, likewise the seat is pretty firm and I would imagine hard to bear for any length of time.
    Exhaust heat. Hot. Very hot. Can't wait until winter...
    The tone from the Termignoni is OK. Just OK. Already got my eye on a replacement for that.
    I've never bought a brand new bike before so I was a little surprised to find little dots of coloured paint everywhere, you'd have thought that the supplier would have cleaned those.

Pros:
    Sooo many, the grin factor alone is huge. 11/10. Probably more.
    This bike just feels a joy to ride, no fighting into corners, enough power to make easy work of traffic, plenty of torque.

I already know that I'm going to make some changes, probably the same ones other owners have already made.
    here's some pics of todays ride.
    A_06A1208.jpg A_06A1210.jpg A_06A1202.jpg A_06A1206.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Should have bought the 1100 Sport ;)

3. The little dots of paint are put there by the technican when the PDI is carried out :upyeah:Crack on and enjoy the 2018:sun::sun:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The best mods you can do are

Booster plug for jerkiness at slow speed

Sargent Seat for comfort

Ohlins rear shock and Andreani front inserts - but Maxon is also a good cheaper alternative.

5. You Sir are bang on (I think).
    Contemplating the Rexxer route :thinkingface:

6. Shut up. Just shut up...

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Yeah I realised that. Just have to pay the local kids to clean them off for me. 50p per hour should cover it :D

8. If the paint dots move don't ignore :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Rexer is an alternative to booster plug but more costly

I just swapped my 800 with full mods for 1100

I just got the base as I wanted gloss black

Have fitted a few mods too

10. The stuttering tends to disappear after the 600ml service, never really had a problem or notice any problems with the throttle
    The heat yes thats a problem it's cooks your nuts
    The issue for me regards suspension and exhaust changes you can spend £2k plus on what is a pretty basic machine making it an expensive machine
    Saying that I loved mine had a great trip to Italy on mine
    Enjoy and ride safe

11. Any link to booster plug?

12. Ahh, it’s only money :D

13. Full report on the change to a 1100 required please!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Waste of money

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a healthy way of looking at it

16. Hahahahahahaha

No

:p

17. With my knowledge of booster plug devices I would tend to agree. I’m open to other riders opinions with the scrambler.
    What are the alternatives? Power commander? Rexxer?
    They’re all expensive upgrades.

18. I didn't do anything never found it necessary the only thing I changed was the seat

19. Booster plug does help but it’s not a night and day difference, I ran with one for a thousand miles or so and missed the “suddenness” of the throttle so I removed it, snatchiness gives it character! , standard seat is appalling, the foam is too soft and you sink down to the seat base hence getting a hammering on the sit bones, I fitted the seat from the “italia independent “ model, same foam but the leather cover makes it firmer, big improvement I can go 80 miles now before the pain starts rather than the 20 miles I could manage on the standard Icon seat, flat bars help too by shifting the riding position and taking some weight off the sit bones, great back lane fun bike though, done 7.5k miles on mine and wouldn’t be without it, enjoy!
    PS your back tyre will only last 3.5k miles but they are grippy and I recon that’s more important than getting 1000’s of extra miles.

#19 Mark9, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. See that @El Toro .... That reflector is Orange !! Orange I say.... Banish him, stone him etc etc etc :eek:

PS nice bike, you didn't fancy the 1100 then ?? ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information