1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 First Ride.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Danny88, May 7, 2018.

1. Got this lovely thing in January. Been sat in the kitchen all this time waiting for the Sun and at least dry to come out. Loving it.

Hate the stand though haha.

Does anyone else slightly hesitate at 5000rpm in top gear. Mine seems to not like. Even in 5th.

7883B335-C819-4E25-B509-1BC2432AACF3.jpeg

988BE56C-639C-4B06-AC47-7B3F847577EB.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gorgeous:upyeah:

3. Lovely bike and finally the weather for it!!
    Get yaself an 848 or 1098 stand straight swap and more uprightedness

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Proper 916 slouch. I approve. Uprightness is for conformists.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Less lean = less weight on a small contact patch on potentially soft tarmac. .
    Came out of a mates place to find my 900ss on its side as the stand had sunk into footpath. .. not sure a longer stand would have saved it though...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yes that hesitation is normal, at least on my bike (996). I try to keep revs above about 4.5k on motorway at constant throttle. Any load on the engine (eg going uphill or accelerating from low revs) below this level, and the bike can chug a bit.

7. Does it have the ‘suicide’ stand that is spring loaded? My old man occasionally has a go on my 848 and when I get the 748 on the road I’m sure he’s going to forget about the flick up stand and drop it on its side :mad:

8. Same happened to my 998S many years ago... always careful now with tarmac... and carry a side stand plate...

9. You can get an adapter plate that stops this.. I have one on 748 and 900..
    I need it on the 748 especially as Im too short to dismount without the stand down

10. The first thing i changed on my 748 was to put one of these on.
    Ducati 748 916 MV Agusta side stand spring bar(non-flip)

11. Thanks for the reply, brother has a 916 also and didn't seem any difference on acceleration so I think it's me getting used to it, other bikes are gs1150 and vfr400 so its probably me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No it doesn't have it, mine is a 97? not sure if those stands were previous or on certain models? earlier models. I hate the thought of them to be honest.

13. I still have one on my 916 and i just have to appoach it with a good mind set:upyeah:

#13 XH558, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  14. Ive had mine for close to 20yrs now and I will never sell her. Despite having a 1299s now too.

15. Ref the hesitation get it mapped, it will sort the fueling out no end.

16. Me too, well actually 20 years and two months.

I just got used to the flip up sidestand and never had it topple (he says frantically touching wood).
    No hesitation either, one of the things I've always loved is the flawless throttle response. I often wondered how it could be so good compared to more modern fuel injected bikes that were often jerky or hunted on a neutral throttle.

17. "hunted" that's the perfect explanation of what I felt, in top gear at 5000rpm it would act as if it was stalling or between gears, dropping it down a gear and accelerating cause delays until it picked up enough rpm and then it would clear up.

18. Try different fuel. I had the same problem when I used 98octane even with the custom map.

19. Thanks, in the process of trying that so will update..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information