1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 First Service Costs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Simon Gray, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Hi all, my bike is in this weekend for its 600 mile service, I'm aware its an important one but wondered what sort of prices people had been charged, I'm looking at £249 ..so thoughts I'd ask, cheers.

2. Whats actually included? i thought i was just an oil change?

3. Thats all it is.. although evidently all torques are checked and chain tightned lol, its a bit laughable but thought I'd check what people were being quoted before I tried to negotiate!

4. Fuck that, do it yourself for £50. Ill do it for you for £100

5. Ha ha, yeah I'd happily do myself but I need the first service in the book for the warranty to be valid.

6. Really is that what the specify?

7. No-one will buy a duke without a full service history. I dont care if you are an F1 mechanic, i'd walk away and so would many prospective duke buyers. Plus the 1st one is a deffo for a proper service. After the 15K one, I might be more circumspect and accept diy ones, but the first 3 are a must in my book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes exactly.. I've built lots of bikes in my time and could change the oil with my eyes closed but without a stamp and the first one is critical, also I need the dealer support if anything goes wrong... i just wondered if I was being quoted too much or should I bend over and take it basically!

9. No, it looks reasonable to me but @nelly is prob better suited to assessing that.

10. Ok cool, I get a courtesy bike to blat around on for two hours so I'm not too bothered but under £200 sounds better lol!

11. I just got quoted 150

12. Ducati have a transparent service schedule published listing times for all service work. The job books at 2.5 hours plus parts. Oil cost is going to differ between workshops and so will labour, but £200 - £250 is in the right ball park. £150 is good :)
    The first service is a bit more involved than the annual with torque checks etc.

13. Really, where was that?

14. Wolverhampton ducati

15. Thats cheap was that a 600 service ? not just an oil change?

16. Yes mate

17. Ok cheers mate, I'll ask my dealer what they can do!!

18. i was £70 at ducati glasgow

19. I paid £160 I think on my 899 when I had it. Did take some bartering

20. I've always tried to barter the labour in as part of the cost of the sale. Works most of the time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information