1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Trackday, Looking For Some Noise Level Advice

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by ShaneTT, Apr 8, 2017.

1. So I was one of the lucky winners of the competition that @sportsbikeshop have been running recently for a trackday spot at Oulton Park :D cheers guys!

It will be my first trackday and I'm really excited for it, however I'm a little unsure how I'll get through the noise limits for the day.
    It's 102dba static and 89dba drive by and I have a 749s with termis that may have been gutted by a previous owner. I have no idea what level it'll be at, I couldn't find another thread with figures on.

So will db killers get me through or would I need to do something more?

Hopefully I can get my hands on a spl meter soon to get some actual figures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd be very surprised if they didn't :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Find when a trackday is on local to you and go and get tested before hand mate

Atleast you'll know where you're at then

4. Cheers mate ill check out when the next one is at donnington and give them a call :upyeah:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Not 100% accurate, but try downloading a DB meter app on your phone / tablet.

At least it will give you a ball park reading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you can get hold of a DB meter, Oulton will test your bike at 5,500rpm at 50cm from your exhaust outlet at a 45deg angle

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers guys, I should be getting hold of one tomorrow. I'll update with figures incase anyone needs them in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information