1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fish & Chip Run - Sunday 15th Oct

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by t3scn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. After an attempt back in September to get down to the coast and have some fish and chips failed, I'm trying again this weekend.

Heading south from North Wilts through Somerset, Dorset and down to the coast. Open to all, if anyone's interested.

@bradders, @GunZenBomZ 2nd attempt?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Could well be up for that. Looks like my last free weekend for a while too.

3. Sounds good, are we talking afternoon food? Fire some details & I'll work out my setting off time bud

#3 GunZenBomZ, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  4. I'd suggest the little thief at Burford but your drink didn't look appealing LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sunday's are usually good for me, might make this !

• Like Like x 2
  6. Be good to get breakfast somewhere other than riders too... :punch:

7. I'll post the details tomorrow, thinking a similar kick off and same place as last time.

Agreed, maybe Compton Abbas airfield

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ages since I've been there.

9. So thinking:

1. Bath
    2. Frome
    3. Mere
    4. Compton Abbas (Breakfast)
    5. Sherborne
    6. Yeovil
    7. Lyme Regus
    Then back via Glastonbury, Wells and then onto Bath.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bear in mind be dark by 1730

11. Yeah, early start with breakfast. Three hours down two back.

12. Bugger, back on shift Saturday ! :(

13. Clocks don't go back till end October?

14. Left the office at 1735 and it was dark enough for lights tonight

15. Oh, you live in Alaska and not Gloucester? I read it wrong. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Well I've had a invite from my local IAM pretend to follow the road law. Who wrote about mooching about some town for lunch on sunday. They've upped the yearly membership but not if you pay by direct-debit!?!? And frankly as much as I like the monthly social nights & usual speaker fobbing off his or her book from riding to Kazakhstan. I'm reaching the end of my tether with their actions of buying many millions of pounds of properties then displaying how poor they are & require extra monetary support. So I'm thinking this coming year will be my last.

The question is will my bmw f800gs navigate the arduous twisties & turns of down dorset region (as a guess). It's that time too drag out the winter hack to keep its battery topped up! Or in reality to save some mileage on my enduro before its 18,000mile service with a hopeful 10% winter discount at OYB. Hold on I just spotted a penny on the pavement I need to pick up..

• Like Like x 1
  17. I could see if any of the old Hants lot want to hook up at Compton Abbas

18. I'm sure it would do fine, might be two up myself so not sure the pace will be too hard going.

Why not, it's open to all who want to tag along.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I can meet you at Compton Abbas. About ten miles from me.

Have you got an exact route in mind @GunZenBomZ? There's some cracking roads from Compton Abbas to Sherborne. Your BM will lap em up. Easy to get snarled in dreary A roads with lots of 40 limits form Yeovil onwards if you don't pick your way with care. B3165 from Crewkerne to Lyme can be quite good fun though.

Know what time you'll be at Compton Abbas?

20. Hi @Gimlet, t3scn is the leader for this ride. I'm more of a follower & waver & honk my fog-horn at locals. I'm sure if you PM your phone details; a text message can be sent within 30minutes of ETA.

#20 GunZenBomZ, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information