1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Fitting 1299 Exhaust On 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stewarty, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Hi guys,
    I know this has been covered in a few threads but just wanted to make sure. If I manage to obtain a set of 1299 end cans and not a full system, Is the only other part I need #16 on that diagram?

20200925_224954.jpg

2. It is if the part number of the Y pipe you have shown is 57014464b

3. Yeah that's the one mate, £255 for that part but may be easier than trying to source a full sytem plus I won't need the down pipes etc.

4. 959 and 1299 are the same!

5. No mate the y pipes are different - you can’t use the 959 y pipe on 1299 underbelly cans, flanges are different and the flapper valve is built into the 1299 y pipe making it longer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did this recently, bought a full system but only used the Y piece and cans.

I couldn't get the exhaust valve to work so ended up cutting it out and wiring in an eliminator to get rid of the error code.

7. Whilst this threads still current just after some knowledge. My 959 currently has a full akrapovic system but I’m wondering would standard 1299 cans fit on the akra header pipes or do I need to put the standard headers back on and then get the Y piece. Looking at getting back into track days and know I’ve little chance of getting on with the akra system. Might have to take it off and flog it which will pay for the track fairings etc.

8. I would just be guessing but you might be able to keep the Akra headers and then mate them to the stock 1299 y pipe and cans - you wouldn’t be able to mate the stock 1299 cans to the Akra Y pipe.

How about baffles for the Akra instead? Not sure what overall effect on performance that would have but the full system is very light and that’s worth keeping even if you reduce the power a little.

1299 stock cans with the exhaust valve removed run at 105db on the 959.

Fine at Cadwell, Donington and Silverstone on the Ducati day but I have yet to try some of the stricter tracks - really want to do Oulton and Snetterton next year but both list 102db static limits so really not sure whether I will be ok even with stock 1299 cans.

9. Yeah shit isn’t it! Have got some baffles from PipeWerx but to be honest I can’t really tell the difference. Choice seems to just do noisy days or put the standard system back on. Not bothered about any power losses as my club racing days are well behind me.

10. There’s a fair few reports from guys on here that they tend to be more lenient with Panigale’s and let them try the drive-by tests - even bikes testing at 106db seem to be ok with 92db drive-by so there is hope.

I bought a cheap db meter from ebay and it’s accurate enough to test the bike before you go to give an idea of how much difference your baffles actually make - worth it before making any big decisions.

upload_2020-10-5_20-51-20.jpeg

11. I’ll have to take a ride down to Brands and get it tested so at least I’ll know where I stand.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information