1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting A 899 / 959 / 1199 / 1299 Panigale Exhaust On The V2?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by V2_spark, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Hi all,

Looking for some input / advice if possible?!

As any V2 owners will know, a full system comes with a hefty price tag (Akra springs to mind) as things stand, there are some decent slip-on options that provide good value such as the SBK, Arrow etc but none of these are full systems.

Here comes my conundrum.....

There is a V2 currently listed on ebay that has a full Termi system fitted, the seller said this was taken from a 1299 and fitted perfectly with no adaptions required... Would this also apply to systems for the 1199, 959 etc? I mean, they are all the same, right?! I know this has been discussed on previous posts in theory but this is the first time I have seen it actually done, with termi not having a system released I'd love to fit the front exit underslung cans but don't want to buy something that won't work....

Thanks in advance for any input and safe riding

2. I may be wrong but....I'm sure the V2 under the fairings is near identical to the 959?

If so, then a full system off any of the bikes you've listed should be interchangeable.

I think the problem will come when you try and mix and match different headers with different end cans. I'm sure I read that some interfacing parts I.e. the y-adapter was specific to certain models.

Also, the lower fairings may need changing to ones that can accommodate the underslung exhausts.

Also also, the akra cans come with an up map. I'm not sure if this will also work with the V2. But you're likely going to need some mapping for the exhaust.

Hope it helps and do let us know if you solve it!

#2 Sonic, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you decide on front exit Termi cans I have a trick Y piece for sale.

• Like Like x 2
  4. To add to this, I fitted a 1199 full exhaust std system to my 959. The lower panels are the same for the V2 and Akra 959 panels so I reckon the systems will be compatible. You’ll just need the servo eliminator and possibly a re map if running rough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can fit a 1199 system, or a 1299 silencer pack, but mapping will be your issue, as the upmap are specific. The main difference is that the exhaust connection is a crappy 3 bolt connection on the 899/1199 but is a round clamp on the 959/1299/v2.

I wondered on my v2 about running 1299 silencers, I think you probably would be fine and the fuelling while not optimal wouldn’t be as far out as open pipes

• Like Like x 1
  6. With the Y piece, would the cans fit onto the standard headers? Or is it still a full system jobbie?

7. I am going to get it properly mapped in any case, I find a plug and play is never quite as good as custom mapping, plus I get to watch the dyno and print out etc... I didn't realise there was a difference in the clamps before your reply, thanks for the input .... Do you think the 959 / 1299 termi silencer would bolt straight on without the full system?

8. I think it for the front exit 899/1199 termi cans to fit std headers. If you get those cans then you are welcome to try a dry fit with no commitment.
    The Akra systems are more 959/1299.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The V2 header configuration is different from all that came before - if you look at the parts diagram you can see it at a glance.

The 899/1199 headers are 55mm and come in multiple pieces - and as previously stated in the thread - have different joints to the 959/1299
    The 959/1299 headers are 60mm and have less pieces to the previous generation. They are they same up to the Y-pipe which is different - if you want to fit a 1299 Silencer onto a 959 you need the 1299 Y pipe - the location of the exhaust valve is also different as are the motors, cables and routing.

The V2 headers are different again - the separate Y-Pipe is now incorporated into the front header as a single unit and the rear header now slips over the front header and uses a traditional style clamp. This means you couldn’t just swap out the Y-pipe.

The 899/1199 Termi Adaptor wouldn’t mate with the stock V2 Headers as they use a flange and clamp design.

Now the part i’m not sure about is if silencers designed to fit a 1299 would mate up with the V2 headers - my initial thought would be no - as it looks as if the V2 has more in common with the stock 959. If that’s the case then there would be a gap between the silencer flange and the header flange - this is just speculation based on the 959.

From what I recall the Akra and Termi underbelly silencers used a different adapter pipe for the 959 - Termignoni part number D155Y2 allows you to fit the D155102CPT Termi slip on system to a 959.

Either way I think you can fit the Termi slip on, the only question would be whether you need the 1299 adaptor pipe or the 959 one.

upload_2021-7-24_21-35-5.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. I think it's safe to say, all full systems from any 2 cylinder Panigale will fit the V2, would like to see the Akra wheelbarrow on one.Bottom fairings may be a problem with some systems.

11. Safe to say.... Till someone blows 2 grand to find it doesn't :joy:...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. It won't be me :laughing:
    The only variable on the Panigale range are the fairings and the swing arm, all exhausts will fit the engine but the Termi uscite will not fit a double sided swing arm bike for example.

13. Me neither... I'll wait for others to be the Guinea Pig for a change :D

14. Be careful with assuming any parts fit between bikes, here’s a random example of a difference most wouldn’t stop to even think about… lower triple clamp is shaved away on the v2 to clear headlight heat sinks…. Point being I think the parts fiche is your friend and then yeah it’s up to the buyer to take the risk

E5101F6A-C927-48C2-A609-8CBD4C6EE50C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just had a thought, maybe you don't need to blow 2k....
    There are full 1299 standard systems on eBay for £100ish. Surely if you can get one of those to fit then the Akra will fit fine too!

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. Interested to see if anyone has interchanged 1299 and V2 exhausts yet. The 1299 underslung Akra slip-on is no longer available (product code 96480771A) so I am relying on used slip-ons. I have found an Akra slip-on for a V2 (product code 9648173AA) and my big question is will it fit the stock 1299 pipes after the exhaust valve? The silencers and mounting brackets look to be identical between 1299 and V2 so I am fairly confident these parts will fit, the question is the 'Y' pipe connecting each silencer to the circular clamped flange below the exhaust valve. I contacted Akrapovic who referred me to Ducati, Ducati don't have the detail drawings and are unable to confirm. Does anyone have any experience before I take the £1.5k gamble on used V2 Akra's? Option B would be to buy the 'Y' pipe for the 1299 new but these are coming back at £510 new. Thanks

17. So to be clear Andy - you would like to fit the Akra slip-on from the V2 to a 1299 because the 1299 slip-on is not available new and you have found a used V2 Akra slip-on?

So you either have to wait for a 1299 Akra slip on to come up used or buy the V2 one and hope it fits.

My instinct says it won’t fit and that you would would find that the V2 Y pipe would be too long and at a slightly different angle. Top picture is V2 - bottom is 1299. The header pipe on the V2 doesn’t have the valve in the lower section of the pipe - the 1299 does so the Akra Y pipe for the 1299 will be shorter.

06944930-6EDF-4201-A5AF-105F4F17D5BF.jpeg 1E70BAB7-EEBC-45B6-AD39-D46C3C6643AD.jpeg

You could have the link pipe modified to fit or get one made up which would be cheaper than buying the 1299 specific one at £510 - I didn’t think these were available to buy separately - where did you find this price?

Alternatively you could buy V2 Header pipes and swap the whole lot over. I have seen entire V2 stock systems go for peanuts on ebay so that might be the cheapest option.

#17 LiveFast......, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  18. live-fast - thanks for the response. Great photos, from this I can see the difference between the ‘y’ pipes from V2 to 1299. I like your idea of looking for a used V2 system to integrate with the V2 Akra slip-ons as I agree the ‘y’ pipe looks to be longer and would probably not align with the 1299 flange. The search continues.

19. You can fit a termi D170 on it

20. Nope, Akra look much better than Termi front exit in my opinion. The pipes are different outer diameter so assume it wouldn’t work.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information