1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Fitting New Oberon Clutch Slave Bleeding Procedure

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by DRL, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Hi guys so just about to fit my new oberon slave cylinder and just wanted to double check the procedure for bleeding it ....

1. Fill reservoir with new dot 4 fluid
    2. Pump clutch lever 3 times and hold in at bar
    3. Open and close bleed nipple at slave (I have a clear hose attached to a waste container)
    4. Release clutch lever
    5. Repeat until no more air bubbles

Do I need to prime the system before this?
    I intend to fill the oberon slave cylinder with new fluid before connecting the brake hose, do I need to prime the hose as well?

Also, do I need to bleed the master cylinder as well? It's an 848.

Thanks for the help ...

#1 DRL, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  2. I just installed a CNC Racing clutch slave on my 848 Evo. Your procedure is fine but definitely prime the slave with some fluid. Take your time, fill it a little at a time, press the cylinder, and refill. Do this until the fluid level doesn't change when pressing the cylinder.

In my experience, it was necessary to bleed at the master as well though most of the air was at the slave.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Same for me

4. Hi thanks for this ... does anyone know the exact size of tube i need for the bleeder valve? I can't find one that fits

5. 4mm internal diameter should do it. Fish tank tubing works well. Or auto washer/wiper tubing. All available at B&Q.

However, I use a reverse bleeding procedure that never fails, by injecting fluid at the lowest point at the slave cylinder bleed nipple and letting the air out at the handlebar bleed points (lever and master bleeds). That way, all the air coming out does so going upwards out of the system rather than downwards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information