1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flare Audio 'isolate' Earplugs

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Keith_P, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Started using these recently - the cheaper Aluminium ones. I switched to the small tips today (from medium) and what a difference! Really comfy and just right for noise level. I had thought that the solid core on these might catch and be dislodged when putting my helmet on but no :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I recently bought some Flare 'Calmer' ear buds/plugs and they make a claim that they can (in some cases) help sufferers of tinnitus.

They've done sod all for my tinnitus. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tinnitus is permanent as far as I'm concerned :( However, I reckon that cutting down on wind noise helps to not make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'm using Pinlock earplugs, I already suffer with Tinnitus but a 200 mile round commute daily without earplugs would damage my hearing even more.

I've also swapped to a less noisy helmet my old Scorpion was quite noisy in comparison.

5. My 1-yr old Scorpion 1400 is a bit noisy. Looking for a new lid for noise & comfort reasons this week as long my wallet doesn't take too much of a hammering from the car MOT test tomorrow...o_O

6. I swapped out to my 'best bike' helmet an AGV Veloce a little quieter. I'm not sure if there is a standard for noise for helmets or if any manufacturers think of it during the design phase.

7. It's a real bugger, as it's bike and posture dependent, and you can't test ride helmets. Only a mate's if you're lucky... I was dawdling in my local Ducati dealer last weekend and looked at their limited helmet range. They had the LS2 range there and were very interested in selling me one. Tried on there 'best' model and it fitted extremely well. Then to YouTube for reviews and the opinion is 'noisy' (& of course Chinese and shite?)! Shoei or Arai have always been my go-to lids, so I hope the car doesn't cost too much...

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information