1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat Battery?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Swiss Tony, May 14, 2017.

1. Pulled the cover off my Monster 1200s, disconnected the battery conditioner and hit the start button and just got a clicking noise?

Full dashlights & headlamps, but she won't turn over? Is it just a dead battery, it sounds too much like it but with the conditioner fitted for the long lay up I'm surprised? I use the Ducati recommended one and all seemed fine. The bike is 18 months old and not had this issue previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Have you got a multi meter ? - it would be very useful to check the battery voltage with the ignition off, and again ignition on and the starter button pressed.

3. Yep good shout, I'll take a look..

Thanks

4. I had a BMW HP2 that all lights worked etc, until you tried to start and then nothing. Battery had been on a conditioner over winter, but was knackered. Showed okay volts until under load.

5. The clicking is your sprag clutch.
    The sprag clutch clicking will kill it eventually, so don't keep trying to start until you get a new battery.
    Battery shagged get a new one.
    Yuasa AGM are good.
    Personally, I'm not convinced That leaving a battery permanently connected is a good idea. I now just top mine up every couple of weeks or so.

6. Get one that cycles, rather than a float charger.
    MK 4 and above on the optimate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers guys..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information