1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat Track Championship

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by DD DucDave, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Just wanted to say how much fun I had recently at the championship flat track school in Lincoln. Brilliant day out, just what I needed to blow away the lockdown blues. Great down to earth people who run it,and really take care of you, whatever your skill level. I was a complete novice at flat track and it felt weird learning how to ride a bike in a different way.

So if your wanting a different challenge and good value for money I couldn't recommend it more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sounds good got a link?

3. Pete Boasts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes Pete and his team. All were excellent and going to get booked back in, now that my leg has stopped aching:dizzy::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Yes, the leg ache. You shoulda put your foot back on the pegs between corners as they kept telling us. I got to the point where I just couldnt lift my leg up any more.

Who knew messing around on 100cc could be so much fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pete and his team are instructors at Cadwell, learnt a lot from them. I’ve done the flat tracking twice now, it’s an absolute hoot, totally agree with @bootsam insane how much fun there is to be had on 100cc’s

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. We were supposed to go back and do it again in 2020, but covid. So we told ourselves 2021 and we are still covid ffs. Mate wants to up the ante onto 450's. I think its premature. I fell off the 100 enough times. 450 is way too much for me anyways. Besides, the 100's are such a laugh. Its a giggle from start to finish. 1st yr we did it, it was the beast from the east and it was full on snow, but I was roasting from all the activity. The 2nd time was a heat wave and nearly had heat stroke. I loved it all. I cant wait to do it again. I'd do this every week if i lived local. Its a goddamned bargain.

8. This sounds excellent

9. Is Pete Boast still going to be racing the Monster 1100 flat tracker which Max at Ray Petty/Death Machines of London built? That thing looked insane!

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/news/25...ory-of-the-new-dmol-x-devitt-flat-track-team/

Edit: the article is dated Feb 2021, so it looks as if he is, though the bike seems to be based on a Scrambler now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information