1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Flicker Lcd Backlight 999s When Idle

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by nikosath, Aug 31, 2017.

1. I have a 999s 2007 model to 27,000 kilometers and I changed it voltage regulator with mosfet from multi 1200.

I have noticed since then that it flicks very little lcd screen when i am in idle.

This is only visible when it is expected the backlight

2. @chrisw ?

3. When I'm in the parking lot
    And I start the motorcycle
    Flicks on her lcd when idle (only backlight)

4. I know nothing about 999's but to me sounds like a earth issue. Try cleaning the earths. I would also unplug the connection to the dash, check the terminals are clean and making good connection (all the pins tit nice and tight etc)...probably a good starting point.

5. The illumination in idle is absolutly steady?

6. Also is the battery new and is it fully charged? Could be a simple battery issue...?

7. yes battery is new one and fully charged

8. Do you have an LED rear light unit fitted?

9. No nothing led

10. Have you had a multimeter on your stator? There are you tube videos showing how to check resistance and voltage.

11. the new voltage regulator mosfet that i changed is less amper from the oldest.
    The new is 30A vs 40A
    affects this?
    The gasoline filter has been changed for six years since I've been doing it since then 8000Khm.
    The gasoline trombone is lowered and the amps are not enough r/r?

12. the new voltage regulator mosfet that i changed is less amper from the oldest.
    The new is 30A vs 40A
    affects this?
    The gasoline filter has been changed for six years since I've been doing it since then 8000Khm.
    The gasoline trombone is lowered and the amps are not enough r/r?

13. 30A or 40A it doesn't matter, there is more than enough current with either of them to run your bike and display.

Different rectifier/regulator units have a different voltage at which they 'switch on' - it may well be that the regulator you have installed isn't 'on' at the idle RPM voltage.

It could be the bike is just running directly from the battery now at idle at that the battery is not being charged at idle.

If your bike's idle speed is correct (ie not too low) and it's still charging your battery OK and you're not too concerned about the display flickering at idle then don't worry about it, assuming you've cleaned and checked the connections to the dash, battery, and regulator.

14. Thank you very much

#14 nikosath, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  15. Wow I didn't realise I could write in that language

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I cleared the contacts of the istrument panel and i change all fuses.
    I checked the ground but nothing.
    A mistake is that it does not just fool idle but it's so little that it's visible.
    Ξ€here is a case of being a faulty rectifier or having to put it true because it is from multi 1200 mosfet with counterparts?
    I'm tired of you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information