1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flights Deals?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Any of you globetrotters have a good source for well priced flights? Looking for business class to Canada in Oct for our big celebratory holiday :upyeah:

2. Being a well seasoned traveller I only use the third party 'cheap flight' web sites as a quick reference to who is cheapest at the time, I then go to the airlines web page to find its the same price. www.cheapflights.co.uk Be warned they give you a cheap price then, when you naturally leave the web page to compare the price with elsewhere when you go back to there web page it triggers a cookie which puts the price up.

3. He’s right, the more you go back to a site the more the price gets bunked up. You can try deleting your history or cookies to combat this.

I fly a lot.

I use an App called Skyscanner. Download it, highly recommended.
    Decide on your dates, put in your info and it WILL come up with the cheapest flights. This avoids going to various sites and getting the price hike.

Alternatively BA have their sale on now, very good prices. However the Skyscanner App includes BA in their search. Good luck.

4. A couple of days ago I bought 2 return flights to Spain for £55. That’s not each, it’s total, for 2 return.

Getting to and from the airport may well cost the same.

At that price it seemed a shame not to go for a long weekend. Thanks Skyscanner.

Might see if I can go to Bologna for a weekend if I can do it for that price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. I use Skyscanner et al quite a bit, but am always worried with the cheap, never heard of companies selling me a flight hundreds less than the carrier

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Have used eDreams a couple of times both cheap flights with companies I’d not heard of. Not had any problems.
    Again the price changes when you go back though.

7. Always found Trailfinders to be reliable and no more expensive than anywhere else. Oh, and you can actually speak with a real person, either over the phone or face to face, who does all the legwork for you. Also, they’re ATOL and ABTA and whatever else protected.

8. Anyone used overseas? We did a teletext cruise years ago, which was an American company and the deal via them (even with exchange costs) was a lot lower than uk royal Caribbean cost

Do Not Sell My Personal Information