1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Float / Fuel height for 750 SS

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Can anyone give me the definite figure for this please?

So far my research has turned up 9mm, 12mm, 14mm, 15mm........and if using an external level (a clear tube attached the float bowl drain, measured between the line across the bottom of the float bowl and the level of fuel in the pipe; it should be something like 6.2mm.....

Thanks....if anyone does know for certain.....

AL

2. Hi Al,
    Using my trusty HAYNES Manual says the following:

"Ducati provide no specifiacation for the float hight, but check it using specialy calibrated equipment set up in a bench-test with the carburettors removed from the bike. If the float hight is suspected of being incorrect, take the carburettors , once assembled , to a Ducati dealer for assesment and adjustment before installing them in the machine"

That just about summs it up!!!!

I am sure there are some experts out there with said "specially calibrated equipment" knocking around :)

Paul

3. Yep...My Haynes Manual says the same...............the 'specially calibrated equipment' is probaby a ruler with 'Ducati' stamped on it and the technicians are sworn to secrecy not to reveal the dimension.......It's all probably kept in a little locked box that is opened by two individual keyholders.

AL

4. Like most other things Ducati,
    I have replied to your other thread i have some needles if you want?

5. Thanks Brian.......done that.....he doesn't specify the SS level though...he is vaguely talking about 15mm.

AL

6. Don't enny-wun know?

AL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information