1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Float valves / needles

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Float valves / needles:

Where is the best place to source these?

And, 'cos I'm a lazy g*t; and haven't worked on Mikunis before (preferred Dellortos) can the float bowls be removed and the needles etc be changed without removing the carbs?

AL

2. This place :- Allens Performance Mikuni & Keihin Carbs can supply idle mixture screws for our Mikunis (which is all i've ever needed) but I don't know about other parts. Yes you can remove bowls and jets in situ if you want to.

3. Thanks Chris..........(or is that Kriis? ;))

AL.

4. Yes it is AL :)

5. Hi kriis 

6. Hi Viv, how you healing?

7. Thought so......How are you keeping?

AL.

8. The standard answer at our age is 'ok' isn't it AL? - and I hope you are too. I only have to think of that poor man who took his life after being shot in the face and blinded to know that I am far better than ok really.

9. Although I felt that it was on the cards for that to happen, it just goes to show the 'caring society' isn't all it is cracked up to be. A disgraceful state of affairs in my opinion....so much for Plod looking after their own!

AL.

10. Dynojet K also keep needles, jets etc, and in my experience have more stock and are cheaper than Allens.....

11. Thanks Dave

AL

12. Thanks Nog - I didn't know that they were noticeably cheaper but do they keep idle mixture screws as well? - mine were around £15 for two posted from Allens including 'o' rings.

EDIT Dynojet don't supply idle mixtures screws just for the record (just spoke to them), I know you didn't necessarily need these AL but to me it makes Allen's invaluable as I think these are hard to obtain anywhere else.

13. They also don't supply float valves / needles...

AL

14. They do supply needles, as thats one of the parts in a Stage II Dynojet kit........they also sell jets....and the O rings that go with them...ask Allens the price of those O rings....they are having a laugh......

15. Not 'needles'.........float valve needles (or whatever you want to call them) they don't supply.

AL.

16. fair enough Dave, i'll remember for next time - only bought the 'O' rings last time to save the faffing around as I have an excellent 'O' ring source normally as I expect you do. If anyone on here needs to get all scientific and order them by size and not carb type then i can pass on details maybe.

17. FYI.

Allens supply a complete float assembly kit for these carbs, which includes the valve, needle and float.

I shall get a couple just in case the recent bit of rough running is due to the float level or the valves being worn.

AL.

18. Al,

I have a set of Stage 2 Dynojet needles and associated stuff if you are interested??

19. Thanks Paul......I think the problem......if there is one............relates to the float valves and their 'needles' or whatever they are called.

AL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information