1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Fluid Under The Bike

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by manicguitarist, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Tinkering around the garage I found a small pool of liquid under the V2.
    It was directly under the front bolt on the underside of the fairing where the 2 lower pieces fasten together. The liquid was about 1” and was a vaguely pink colour when I ran it between finger and thumb.

The bike has been mothballed since October and not fired up at all - although she did get moved to a different place in the garage in early Jan.
    The bike is stored upright on 2 paddock stands with a cover on.

I’ve just fired her up and let her run till the fan came on - no problems. No fluid leaking with the coolant system pressurised.

Any thoughts? Could it be due to expansion with the -8C temperatures we had for a week or so?

Cheers guys.

2. Yep apparently common on V2 899/959 and possibly 1199/1299.... My 959 did it on and off and then stopped completely! And never leaked whilst running. It’s Coolant from the Water-pump gland or seal from what I can remember. Some people had bigger leaks from the same place and had replacement water pumps under warranty. I would definitely highlight it with your dealer just in case as it’s a relatively labour intensive job!

3. Ok thanks. Tis due for the first year service soon. Will mention it and make sure it is written down.
    Still, at least I got to fire her up and hear that sweet noise. :)

4. I personally wouldn’t stress if it’s literally a small amount! Apparently Ducati do know the issues and declared it to be normal use!! Definitely mention it at the service and monitor the amount. Some people had larger quantities of coolant leakage and pretty much insisted to have the water pump replaced! Like I said it’s not a 30 min job!

5. Cheers. I imagine the current *really* cold snap caused expansion/contraction of the ceramic seals. The lowest temperature my garage hit was -12C

Do Not Sell My Personal Information