1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flying By A Boeing 737 Max 8?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Might be worth checking any flights you may be expecting to take soon if they are by the boeing plane that crashed recently

After asking for assurances from boeing and not receiving them so far, the caa has suspended until further notice, the ability for all 737 max 8 planes from landing, taking off, operating and from flying over British airspace. This follows similar bans for the same plane made today in Australia and Singapore

2. Airlines affected in the UK will find something else to cover flights with.

3. They have said that those planes already inbound will be allowed to land, tui who seem to have 5/6, have announced other planes will be used to avoid inconveniencing customers. Norwegian airlines have also announced they are grounding their 737 max's too

4. That’s awfully decent of them :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Flew on one with Tui from Manchester to Tenerife in January and it was great - not sure I'd want to fly on another just yet though

6. One thing is for sure they will always land.

7. I like the way when they grounded them, they turned one back just about to land in Birmingham so it had to fly further to return from where it took off - H&S I suppose :thinkingface:

8. And if you are booked to fly on a grounded one, there is a chance your insurance will not reimburse you. Something to do with not being covered for changes in airport authority regulation or somesuch.

#8 laava, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. Can you imagine being on that plane and the captian says, we are going to have to fly back to Turkey as the U.K. won't let us fly over the U.K. as these planes crash don't you know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information