1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focused Events - Stillages

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Anyone done a euro with the above yet?

2. Are they using stillages now? They didn't when I last went with them.

3. Thought they just load on to a big truck, no stillages.

4. Edited for accuracy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm not sure if they've actually started using them yet, but they say they're on order

6. Better late than never.... I seem to remember it took yonks to get my bike back last time I used FE.

7. Yeah - that's all I've see as well.

8. Mine took 8 weeks. I dropped it at Donington and when I went to collect it after the event it wasn't there.
    I rang them and they said I hadn't paid for a Donington pick up.

I questioned why they didn't ring me or question it at the time (I obviously had asked for Donington drop off and pickup) and I never really got a straight answer.

They said they would drop it at the next Donington trackday which was 6 weeks away or I could collect it from their yard.
    I have never used them since for a euro event and never will.

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Fek sake... that's shite. I have my bike back within 4 days of a Tracksense gig. No messin' :):upyeah:

10. Yes NL are the weekend after the event as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Never had any bovver collecting from their yard.
    Heard a lot of horror stories re Donny drop off and collection, I suspect they wait until it's viable for them!

12. Wow, you have to practice to be that disconnected from your customers!

We've never had any particularly bad experiences with them, and have had some excellent trips including the Italian GP that they do in conjunction with one of the Italian trackday companies. They also put in a lot of effort to find a part from an expensive paddock stand that had gone missing in transit which wasn't really their fault. I believe in credit where credit it due so couldn't knock them for that. I have how ever had several complete feck arounds around drop-off/pickup which irritated me enough to stop using them.

I prefer to pay a bit more for the smaller more personal companies like Pacedayz. The other bonus is they are more focused on fast riders since it's test days for the team. Focused are definitely more aimed at novice riders, although the whole method of transport was always at odds with that since novice track day riders often tend to have very expensive bikes that they dont want to get scratched!

#13 Monners, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I don’t call Josh Brookes, Broc Parkes, Jenny Tinmouth or a host of European and Scandinavian Supersport riders “novices” and we have had all of them on FE track days. In fact, if I were a novice, a Spanish track day with either FE or NL would be the last providers I’d be considering. Andy

14. Interestingly Josh Brookes was with us in Jerez with Pacedayz last year testing his new R1. He comes by half way through this vid on a cool down lap at the end of the day and its no surprise I still end up high siding trying to hang on to a tow!

Having a few star riders doesn't dictate the pace or the general atmosphere at a trackday. We've done loads of FE days as I said and the average pace and attitude is most definitely a lot slower and more novice biased than any other providers. Racers working on a budget will always choose NoLimits over FE because whilst they still have large numbers of riders, they are more relaxed on the passing rules. Plus the fact that NL run their own race series attracts the riders to them as well since they know the organisers.
    At Pacedayz it's pretty much like a race test day on the open pit trips and on the trips with group sessions they generally have about half or less of the total riders of FE or NL, and agreed as you say it is also good for novices.

15. FE don’t race, and go to circuits during the race season so I’d expect the pace to be lower. Also as they have a certain rep, and no stillages, so taking al your kit could be expensive.

IMO

16. You do tend to pick the fastest corners to launch it!

17. Erm yeah I'm not proud of this skill :) I was thinking that I was getting good at not crashing this year as well!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Awesome vid/riding can’t believe how much your on the throttle out of corners still lent over (albeit maybe a bit too much before the highside)
    I gotta man up a bit and get the powers down earlier.
    Hope your were ok and bike a quick fix

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information