1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro 'fog' Lights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Oct 24, 2019.

1. If I buy the rather expensive Duc fog lights (I know they have to enabled by the dealer and I'll need a gynaecologist to wire them in) do they come on at different intensities with low beam and high beam or are they just on or off?

2. They are awesome & are independent of both modes. You won't regret it, I rarely use my main-beam on a 14mile back lane journey. Unless assholes with auto-lights are coming at me. You should have a button dedicated to them on your left handle.

3. Thanks, yes got the button. Not sure if I want any yet but y'know, toys ... and it troubles me deeply that I've got a button I can't use ... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just on or off, not different intensity linked to high/low beam.

I have them on my 'normal' multi. They rarely get used tbh, and that is mainly when I want to make my bike stand out from the other bikes (e.g. back marking in a group, so the others can tell its me from the sea of other headlights behind them)
    Consequently not bothered with them on my Enduro, but may think different if I commuted on it daily.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have them on the 1260 (and previous Multi's) as above I don't use them a lot but mainly on the Motorway / autoroute's when I need to either make "progress" or filter. With them on it does make the bike stand out and be noticed a bit more and I often lead on those type of roads as the "riding" lights and the LED headlights definitely make the Multi noticeable in the mirrors of the cars in front.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I just one off and you have to switch them on every time you switch the ignition on. That said they do offer a nice spread of light aiding low beam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. One of the best accessories on my 1260s - always use them, when commuting to work (North Circular + A40 + M40 + M25) or in Central London. When filtering they make stand out the bike significantly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I certainly get the visibility from the perspective of other road users thing. How much and in what way (distance/spread/brightness), from the riders point of view, do they supplement the LED headlights on the 1260s which are pretty good to start with (once you have them adjusted correctly... :rolleyes:)?

9. I have mine set quite low and the 1260S they fill in the dark part some 5 metres in front of the bike, the dipped and main headlights are great for mid to long range sight and I use the riding lights to fill in the road just in front of the bike.
    Not that go I tearing down small lanes in the dark but that is when they are useful to see the road surface just in front. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Standard Ducati fogs on the Enduro are on / off.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. I fitted mine for the same reason after some light night/ early starts going through France a while back.
    As you say they fill in the immediate area in front of the bike which I found useful for avoiding potholes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fog lights fitted! And yes, gynaecology experience would have been useful!

• Like Like x 1
  13. And they work!

• Like Like x 2
  14. 1st thing I sw on after starting bike up. Always on.

15. Thanks Stevie. Not sure whether to keep mine on all the time or not, isn't it technically illegal to have 'fog' lights on if it's not foggy?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thought so, could be bothered checking ... Mine must be 'driving' lights then, rather than 'fog' lights.

17. Just leave them on, anything that improves your visibility (short of Dayglo) is good in my opinion!
    They also have a marvellous effect on cars when you come up behind them on the motorway, they (usually) move out of your way!
    (Probably to avoid having their retinas burnt out)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information