1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Foglight Fabrication Ideas

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by reddy, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Any of you guys have fabricate a fog light mount on your MS? I need some ideas.
    Mounted my huge ass fog light on the crash bar only to realise that it will be useless if I have a fall. The light comes with bar mounted adaptor btw so I probably looking to remount it somewhere inside the crashbar. Hate to rework the wire again.

Cheers

20180119_181855.jpg

20180123_171757.jpg

2. I’ve just got the same light for my KTM and am
    Looking to adjust the mount to suit my bike. I have some SW Motech light brackets that position them just next to the forks, under the front fairing. It’s the best position as it’s protected from any fall, although in a fall scenario your fog lights are probable the least of your worries. At a low speed drop them may even keep the bike up enough to save other stuff.

You could look to get a plate drilled up, so your existing mount can run across the light rather than parallel to the light. That way you could have them on top of your crash bars.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If those twist during a fall then you'll be replacing the side panels you are trying to protect with all that scaffolding.

If anyone has an immaculate Pikes Peak side panels for sale I'm interested.
    The ones that are going to get damaged here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Which lights are they?

5. I mounted my two running lights directly under the nostrils. They were smaller than your unit but they suited the position. You can drill up into the intakes as, IIRC, the plastic is quite sturdy there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are Chinese LEDs.

7. Check the light is waterproof. The Chinese LEDs I referred to above were not, but a little silicon grease on the lens case thread, and some silicon sealer for the lens and wire entry did the trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information