1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale For Sale - 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale - Reduced £9000 - Quick Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by rich8778, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Listing this on behalf of my brother - the bike will be going in PX on Wednesday next week so we're looking for a quick sale before then!

The bike is a 2014 Ducati 899, with 9322 miles on the clock. 2 owners before my brother.
    She has a full service history from Ducati Alton and then Motoline, as can be seen in the pics below, and is MOT'd until May 2022. She's fitted with nearly new Michelin Power 5 tyres.

This is a great example of a Panigale and we're both struggling with the idea of neither of us hanging on to it, but needs must and all that. There's no damage on the bike, comes with both keys, and it has a few tasteful and useful extras:

- Carbon rear hugger, front mudguard, shock protector, dash, ignition surround, infill panels.
    - Oxford heated grips
    - Tinted screen

As stated in the title, we're looking for £9000 OVNO and needs to be done quickly before the PX sharks get it :(.

PM me if interested and I'll give you my brother's name and phone number and you guys can take it from there!

Pics below:
    Full album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GLVMU6SpMzx5hagj8

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 rich8778, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. if this wasnt a quick sale price what money would you want for it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Figured bikes of this spec are listed for 10.5k on the bay. Willing to listen to offers if 9.5k is missing the mark....

4. ok cheers

5. Couldn’t work out there to agree or funny!

How these bikes are making more than 6k is beyond be: it’s 7 years old!

But they seem to be for sale for more than 2 yr old 959s o_O

GLWS - hope you find the right buyer quickly :upyeah:

6. I’ve been waiting for them to drop for so long, I’ll end up getting another 1199 for cheaper at this rate!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. You'll get a v4 cheaper at this rate. Hard to understand.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. This one just dropped by £500 :).

Reduced to £9000 - had probably engineered too much wiggle room into the original price!

9. What's the px value that you've agreed?

10. The 899 is getting quite rare pushing the values up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think they hold a certain amount of value because they’re the prettiest of the panigalesand imo the most fun to ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I test rode a Pani v2 last year, at the time I had a Supersport S 939. I have to say it didn't blow me away enough to warrant me buying a new one. Got my 899 only few weeks ago and love it, made me smile straight away, just sounds a lot more awesome than the v2 imo.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I would be all over this if it was later in the year(waiting for a accident injury claim to finish)but Mrs is not keen on another bike as I have 3 alreadyo_O, so been showing her reviews of old panameras all week:D

14. Would like to know the difference in feel compared to the 1199, I loved mine but it was too much for me and it being my only mode of transport at the time I had to get something else.

15. I feel your pain (metaphorical 'too many bike pain', not literal accident injury pain - hope you recover well!)

Can't say I've ridden an 1199 I'm afraid, just a few 899s, 959s and a Supersport. All anecdotal evidence I've heard points to the 1199 being the trickiest of the panigale range to get on with. I bought my own 899 6 months after passing my test, as a pure track bike (ex trioptions cup) - apart from the fact that it felt insanely quick compared to the 2001 VFR800 that I was used to, I've always banged on about its user friendly nature. Plus they look and sound bloody lovely.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. £8500, which isn't horrendous, but was hoping to be able to get a few hundred more, plus let the bike go to a forum member & enthusiast.

17. thats helpful thanks..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ducati Panigale 899 (2014-2016) verdict
    The Panigale 899 is not just a slightly less powerful or glamorous version of the 1199, but a seriously fast and capable superbike that would actually be better suited to many riders, especially those who stick mainly to the road.

It will stagger with its ability to rip through country roads at speed, is a bike you just can’t stop looking at when you pull up and is also an excellent balance between performance and usability.

Although since superceded by both the 959 and Ducati’s new V4s, the 899 is still a brilliant road sportster, has proven reliability and durability and is better value than ever. In fact it is very possibly the best, most complete sports bike Ducati has yet produced.

Taken from Bennetts review: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/ducati/panigale-899-2014-review-used-price-spec

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Hi Rich,
    I would be interested in your 899, whereabouts are you located?
    Cheers,
    Jon

20. Hey Jon, my bad, should've put that in the ad - located South-East London, just inside the M25...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information