1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale For Sale - Ex Trioptions Cup 899 Panigale - Ohlins & Termis & Spares - £7500

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by rich8778, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Sold

#1 rich8778, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sounds like a nicely priced package.
    GLWS.
    @RC1 ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good package

• Like Like x 1
  4. "Magnesium engine cover on clutch side from an 1199 - means you can access the clutch without opening up the whole side of the engine".
    This is the pukka configuration for this bike.

I sold my 899 Trioptions winning bike recently and I can attest, this one here is priced very well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cheers all. Tried to price it appropriately based on spec, condition and package :upyeah:

6. how timely... im also exploring a 959 thats not on this forum
    do you know if the engine was refreshed/rebuilt whilst it was being campaigned and at what mileage?

7. Pro twins suggested not checking valve clearances because it’s expensive?! More so than bending them!?!

Sorry, sounds nuts. Even if someone budgeted for a full service it still looks good value :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. In some ways, race bikes are better cared for than road bikes. No competitor wants a "mechanical" DNF. So oil, filters, seals, pads, fluids are normally replaced way more often than road bikes. Anything that doesn't look right gets replaced. Shims and clearances are done after every race weekend.
    A "refresh" would probably be every 30-40 hours, so useful to know how long since the last one and budget accordingly (£4k) for the next one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. As much as i like this and other similar ex tri options packages its the feaer of the unknown that puts me off. I dont want to be the sucker that the bike goes pop on.
    I know this comes as part of the territory but im coming to the conclusion that maybe i should be focusing on road bikes given my low risk appetite and budget for refreshing at 4k
    Sorry OP realise that this is derailing your thread but youve got a lovely package that will make someone very chuffed

10. Id it was just tagged as ‘track bike with v5’ would you have a different opinion? OP has been running a few years, never had an issue, and the engine skins alike it has had the likely failure points in 899 addressed already. Budget a grand or so with PGP to do big service

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. A cost of a refresh is 100% depending on what actually needs replacing and is out of tolerance, I had my 899 refreshed at JHP and it was around 2k, I did remove the engine so obviously saved loads on labour by doing so, the engine has the rods done so that eliminates one major weak point, the bike sounds like good value to me, you can always give JHP a ring and they will give you some background on the original build. Good luck with the sale

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You don’t really remove the engine, just take parts off the bike until your just left with engine

My 899 needed a refresh, I wouldn’t let that put you off if your thinking of buying, just budget that it may need doing.

The bikes a good spec and a good price GLWS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. snigger

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Was yours the one hiding behind this one?

30C93D9C-90FA-479A-B39C-761D32112097_1_105_c.jpeg

15. what a legend that really useful member must be....!!

16. He'd be more of a legend if he'd buy this bike ;)

17. @RC1 you should get this snapped up.

18. im gonna get a road bike mate and run the 749 until it breaks. im collecting it friday with our speedy gixxer hoonigan

19. im back on track in sept

Do Not Sell My Personal Information