1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Track And Road

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Cream_Revenge, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Hey
    Want better tyres for 999. Must be ok for track days, riding to and from track and Sunday morning A roads. 0 motorway, commute or wet weather use.

Cheers

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. M7rr or conti sport :)

3. Here you go..

4. I am going for the new Michelin power RS, new kid on the block and it seems to out perform the Metzeler M7RR which I have been a fan of since it's launch.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I'm not after sports touring

6. M7rr seem to be dropping down the charts with people liking them in the wet. Not bothered about wet

7. After a few calls and some googling I'm going to try the new Power RS with a 180/55 rear.

8. You know you can get £30 cash back?

9. Next time you are Moto Rapido way, try Micheldever Tyres. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends what road mileage you do but you'd be hard pushed to beat supercorsa sp v2's or the metzeler RR equivalent

They ARE the grippiest street legal tyres you can buy.

11. I used the supercorsa SP diablo on Donington today in the quicker group and was really impressed.
    It was a roadbike only day so no tyre warmers but they warmed up quickly and had excellent grip when hot.
    I have never used these tyres before today as they are on my road wheels and came brand new with the bike.

12. What do we think of the Super Corsa BSB?

13. Old tyre, well old, probably 3 generations ago. Sticky and short lived, I managed not quite 800 miles on the 748R. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I would suggest the sp v2 because it's got a harder centre unlike the other supercorsas

So you can actually use them on the road without ruining them in 5 seconds. Also not as sensitive to heat cycles

15. Why that man said ^

16. Power RS are coming in at £220 after cashback fitted to lose wheels.

SC-SPv2 are £241 without fitting from Oponeo.

Question is, is it worth the extra...........

17. that one is a question of ability..... if the Mich's cover your ability then yes, if your ability outperforms the Mich then up to Supercorsa's you go,,,, i doubt most of us would out perform the Mich's on the road but seasoned trackdayers would benefit the next level on the track.....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I have seen 1000cc bikes race on those :)

19. which?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information