1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forcefield Back Protector

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Deano69, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Just purchased my first ever back protector mainly to use on trackdays, what are forum members thoughts on them for general day to day road use comfort/practicality/protection.
    Haven't tried under my once piece or road jacket as yet,

Screenshot_20220112-142626_Amazon Shopping.jpg

2. I've got a Forcefield back protector, mine is quite thick due to different layers of absorption materials but I wear it everytime I am out on the bike, trackdays, road riding, under my leathers and textiles.

It will over time form to your back to a degree so will feel more comfortable. Did you try it on under your leathers before buying? I ask this as if it's a thick one like mine you might have to breathe in a little when zipping them up :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ve worn a Forcefield back protector for the past 15 years and now have an Ixon airbag vest too. I also use a Forcefield back protector when I go snowboarding too.

They feel alien when you first wear one but you soon get used it them and don’t realise that you have one on :upyeah:

Thankfully neither the Forcefield nor the Ixon have been used on the road, but I have benefited from wearing the Forcefield many times when snowboarding doing jumps and rails :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nope, may have to lose some winter timber before trying them on together..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Always

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They’re as good as anything really bar airbags.

i used Forcefield for years and have a few in the garage. Crashed in them many times and all okay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've just bit the bullet on a ixon airbag vest as well. Maybe age is catching up?

(found a sponsor code for £30 off the 1st year subscription too!)

• Like Like x 2
  8. It was certainly a squash and a squeeze with the protector and the one piece, I'll put it down to cold leathers and some winter timber..

• Like Like x 1
  9. How do you find the Ixon under you’re leathers bud? I understand they’re quite thin??

10. I haven't yet tried, but I will this weekend and report back. (or maybe create a new thread to not hijack this one)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've got forcefield freelite. It's very comfy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information