1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 3 Macau Sophia Floersch

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Nov 18, 2018.

1. First of all, she's okay. She is in hospital with a spinal fracture/s but so far she has tweeted she is okay.

A video, some are slow mo and repeated but further on shows different angles. She goes airborne backwards, takes out the railings the Marshall's are standing behind and smashed straight into a media tower full of camera's and photographers.

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. For that to happen there must be something wrong somewhere, that looks super bad.:scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jesus. I hope she's OK. :( The speed differential there was huge, something must have gone wrong or she's misread the situation.

4. #5 noobie, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  5. My god. I used to watch her doing the Ginetta racing in uk when she was 15. She was not allowed to drive in Germany as she was too young. She was always a good driver & front runner. Hope she gets well soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Holy mother of god :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Never heard of her before this, but the fact she's tweeted that she's fine and going in for surgery tomorrow is hopefully good news. Let's hope the surgery is just to stabilise her spine. At 17 years old, she has a lot of life ahead of her.

_104389516_floersch_rex-2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Glad she's going to be ok.

9. And she stayed flat and not tip over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Looks like she hit that flat out

11. Seems she clipped/there was contact with another car that put her in the barrier and she then launched off the kerb

12. Robert Wickens had a similar crash in the Indy car series earlier this year. He’s in a wheelchair now, she’s lucky to have more or less walked away.

13. Can’t believe no fatalities, surely mechanical problem, you can’t get it that wrong, hope she’s ok

14. I remember doing that in a Ford Anglia back in 1978....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes, the entire set-up at Macau for starters.

16. Yes, i read Fly's opinion on it in another thread.

17. I think going back with his words ringing in my ears made me look more closely. He's not wrong. There were many shocking and scary things that we saw (Marshalls waving wrong flags, Marshalls on live track clearing debris). It doesn't need sanitising, just a lot of the obvious and avoidable risks removing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information