1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula1.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DD DucDave, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Anybody looking forward to the new formula 1 season? personally think the sport has been ruined by too much money, too much electricity and bloody Halo's :mad::mad::mad: what a joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I like me F1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I like F1 too. Love racing but I feel the essence of racing has been lost in Formula 1.

4. Snormula 1? Erm....... Pass me thinks. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shit rant. 1/10. Must try harder :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Over hyped media driven snooze fest, populated by wannabe film stars with no character. They should be forced to move teams every year to give at least some semblance of interest. Now 3 DRS zones in Melbourne. Whoopie do. Pinnacle of motor sport my arse when they have to add artificial overtaking opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Boring

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I hate it and dont watch it, load of bolox. bring back Sheene and Hunt era on bikes and cars and I would watch it 23 hours a day and the last hour to kick the wife

• Like Like x 2
  9. Has a very,very long way to go to catch up with motogp,,the best time for me viewing was the eightie's,senna,mansell,prost etc,,,

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Boring , other than a five minute peep just to see if anythings changed I haven't watched a full race for years, it's lost all its character and characters, bring back the Senna, Prost era and I might sit up and take notice.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Well I am looking forward to it starting. I am sure Mercedes will be strong but there might be some more competitiveness between the other teams. However I am sure it will soon turn into a line of cars circulating a track. Then my interest will fall off.

12. Well I am looking forward to it starting. I am sure Mercedes will be strong but there might be some more competitiveness between the other teams. However I am sure it will soon turn into a line of cars circulating a track. Then my interest will fall off.

13. I am definitly looking forward to the weekend and the start of the season. With luck Ferrari will give Merc a run for their money, and there maybe some wins for Red Bull too - especially if the Renault engine upgrade comes to fruition in about five races.

Vettel and Hamilton both want to be the first to get a fifth crown, and that combined with less engines to use is going to cause some good racing if their cars are close in overall terms.

The mid team battle should be very close with Haas (having made a good step looking at the testing results) Macca, Renault & Williams. The only problem is the TV coverage is usually poor.

At the back Torro R & Sauber are both in huge developement, so again if the coverage improves, there might be some interesting clashes.

Theres some new drivers - Leclerc could be one to watch. Also a few drivers who will need to perform or perhaps leave the series.

Roll on the weekend!

14. Sends me off to sleep a treat on a Sunday afternoon !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I don't mind it. Rather watch bikes I agree, but tis ok(ish)

16. I am/was a big F1 fan, but grid kids and halos :poop:.....I really have a low expectation for what they are doing to the show. Motogp is leading the way right now and great seeing Ducati doing so well.

So just 3 engines per season/per car - we'll be seeing loads of stupid grid penalties. They really should have done something to prevent the ridiculous situation that smaller teams will find themselve in (especially Honda engined Toro Rosso). It rather looks like Hamilton/Mercedes will walk away with it this year from the display in testing.

But I will probably get up to watch the qualifying and race, glutton for punishment.

17. Appreciate the technology which will filter down to supercars and then eventually a Ford Fiesta, yeh I know. As for racing, not for me. Seems to have got very complicated in terms of rules. I don’t dislike it, I just don’t watch it.
    The aerodynamics are pretty impressive.
    Haven’t they now got a massive bar or something over the drivers head. Still open wheel though.

18. Had a paddock pass at Nurburgring in 2013. Best part was the free Mumm!
    It's not what it used to be IMO. Anyway, I'm off to watch the Curling

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I’ve watched F1 for as long as I can remember. Between 2001 and 2004 I worked for a formula one team. 2017 was the first year since 1996 that I chose not to attend a Grand Prix for no other reason than I had insufficient interest.

For me, it’s lost its appeal. Too formulaic. Too predictable. Too sanitised. There’s too much on track engineering input. Engineers provide data on everything from brake temperatures to fuel consumption to tyre temperatures, pressure, and wear rates. Engineers instruct the drivers accordingly. Even during the race. This results in an engineered approach to driving and much of the data produced is the same across all teams. Therefore the racing is the same. One optimal race line, race strategy, fuel load, car set up, a procession, no overtaking etc etc etc.

The effect of the engineering is to reduce driver input & driver mistakes. Hence boring racing. I think the sport needs to hand that decision making back to the driver. No one ever goes to a Grand Prix to be dazzled by the race weekend engineering from the pit wall.

Also, much of the tracks are like car parks. A driver mistake resulting in the car leaving the track very often results in a quick trip safely across a patch of tarmac.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bad time for driver safety but proper racing cars.

574E320D-72E1-4CBC-952C-9F2A411A6C48.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information