1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Awards

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Topolino, Oct 2, 2017.

1. I'd like to take this opportunity to propose something. Not exactly a groundbreaking idea but nonetheless hopefully insightful. I was hoping with the help of the admin to set up forum awards for 2017. With a defined cut-off/closing dates to cast your vote. You naturally cannot vote for yourself but can vote for a series of categories that you feel "fit the bill". Keeping it simple and along the lines of:

1. Best overall thread of the year
    2. Most entertaining thread
    3. Most informative thread
    4. Best build project thread

So admin is there any way we can set up a poll to get this up and running? Maybe offering the winner of each category a free subscription for 2018. Do we need further categories, and if so what should they be? I'm just putting this out there for people to think about and get on board. Hopefully El Toro can weave his magic and get this up and running. What say you all?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good idea. If we can have a definitive list of categories then I'll see what I can do :)

I would suggest we run it in the run up to Xmas???

3. Good idea.

I've seen this on some other forums. One catergory they ran is bike of the month follwed by bike of the year. Basically members post photos of their bike or mods.

Just a suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Best Rebuild Thread :upyeah: we don't get enough - Maybe Ducatis don't get as many rebuilds as other makes :confused:

5. How about best contriutor to ' random picture ' thread, eh Ron. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'm not sure if we should even have such a thread - it encourages idle wasters (such as myself) to distract from the intensity of pricing up bikes and belts ;)

7. Please don't do a Darwin Award!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Best Wife ???

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Best girlfriend (that the wife doesn't know about).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You mean sandwich maker?

• Like Like x 1
  11. We have our first Winner :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Longest running build thread? :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sounds good. Aside from those suggested, perhaps you might wish to add or delete from this list El T, following general consensus and ideas lodged to finalize the list, say with a cut-off of one week from now for suggestions? This could then form the basis of a definitive lit of categories for future years as well. I think no more than seven categories, as more than that gets too unwieldy, as has happened on other forums. Once you are happy with the list you can lock it down and set up the poll with results to be revealed just before Xmas, assuming you're happy with this idea of course. Ultimately it's your decision.

So far we have:

1. Best rebuild thread
    2. Most informative thread
    3. Most amusing thread
    4. "Best bike" featured on the forum
    5. Best overall thread
    6. Best forum contributor 2017
    7. Best Admin/Mod in the world. Ever.

#14 Topolino, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  14. can we have a biggest tory shitebag award
    i know there's a lot of competition but there's plenty of time to get your nominations in

thx

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Biggest bastard for getting to do the most track days ? Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keep on the right side of ET tho'

upload_2017-10-3_13-27-37.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information